Chapter 28

After absolutely trashing the kitchen, throwing the different types of ingredients at each other, you both finally called it quits. You stood beside your messy girlfriend, peering around the room at the mess you both made.

"Oh my god. What have we done." Your soul was practically hanging on by a thread, wanting to leave.

"Awe shit." Yaoyorozu cussed under her breath.

"I blame this on you." You looked at her briefly, trying not to laugh.

"Uhum, as if you didn't make a mess either." She frowned.

"You started it." You grabbed a nearby broom.

"Oh no, I've been a naughty girl, whatever are you going to do about it?" She spoke in a flirtatious and playful tone.

You looked her dead in the eyes and spoke with little emotion. "Take this, and clean." You shoved a broom in front of her, making her forcefully take it.

"Fine." She huffed and began to sweep.

You on the other hand took the time to finish the cinnamon rolls, somehow they didn't get ruined during your reenactment of world war II but with baking ingredients. After you finished prepping them you slid them into the warm oven, setting a timer and leaving them to cook.

"Okay, first thing done.. now a lot more to go." You groaned, flipping through the cookbook to find something else to bake.

"You do know Mr and Mrs Ito did bake lots yesterday in preparation for today." Yaoyorozu said from behind you.

"Mhm, just making sure."

While peering through the cookbook you felt a familiar pair of arms snake around your waist. You stiffened in surprise. Yaoyorozu placed her chin on your shoulder.

"You're cute when you're all focused. I love it." She whispered in your ear, feeling her cold breath against your skin. Shivers surged through your back and butterflies soared in your stomach.

"Cat got your tongue?" She said and gave your hips a little squeeze.

You cleared your throat, trying to keep a cool composure. "And I like it when you're focused, but as of right now, you are not." You answered.

You flipped positions with her swiftly, this time it was you who had your arms around her waist.

"O..oh." You heard her gasp in surprise.

"Now, be good or we can't do fun things like this again." You said, placing soft kisses on her neck.

"F..fine fine, you w..win." She was able to stammer out.

You grinned in success and let her go, going back to your recipe searching. Yaoyorozu went back to cleaning up the mess, though she already had a good majority of it cleaned up by now. After some thinking you chose to bake meringue cookies, small strawberry shortcakes, and purin cakes.

Once Yaoyorozu finished the cleaning she assisted you. You only took around 2 hours to get everything cooked and ready to be served. You stood in accomplishment in front of the baked goods.

"We did it." Yaoyorozu exclaimed in excitement.

"We did." You smiled widely.

"Now we get to test these." She said with a cheeky grin and took a fork from off the counter.

You shook your head but let her.

"Oh my god these are amazing." She said as her eyes lit up after trying the purin. "You're amazing!" She added after.

"Heh, thanks. I try." You said, flattered.

"Try it!" She held out a fork with purin on it.

You gave her a small fine before leaning in and taking a bite off the fork that she held out. Your eyes widened in surprise when the taste hit your tongue.

"Oh my god.. I am amazing." You said in awe.

Yaoyorozu giggled at your comment.

"Okay okay! We have to get these all on display." Yaoyorozu said, taking a tray.

You nodded and followed behind her with the rest of the food. You both exited the kitchen, then put all the food up on display.

"Finally the hard part is over." You huffed, wiping a bit of flour off Yaoyorozu's face.

"You think this is the hard part? Oh dear, you poor thing."

"What?" You said in confusion.

"You do remember we have to serve people. Lots of people." She pat your cheek.

"Right." You pinched the bridge of your nose at the thought.

"But it's fine! We'll get through it together."

"Of course." You smiled and gave her a quick kiss.

"So, is everything ready? All the ingredients in place for making drinks, beverages and all that?" You asked, pulling away.

"Yes, yes and yes. We are all set. Gosh I'm so excited!" She shivered in anticipation.

"Good, we can't mess this up. This is going to do so much for the cafe. I just really hope people at UA will spread the word after today." You admitted.

"Of course they are! You know how much Mina likes to take pictures of her food, and Jirou always posts about something! Plus the teachers will talk about it for days. Don't worry sweetness, I know everything will go great. You just got to have a positive mindset."

"You're right, thank you. You're the best." You smiled in relief, feeling a lot better about the upcoming event.

"I know." She said pridefully. "So are you ready? 30 minutes until the planned time for everybody to come." She asked.

"Oh yes I am, never been more prepared." You clasped your hands together.

"That's the spirit." She chuckled and winked before walking over to the door and flipping over the closed sign to open.

"Let's do this."