CHAP 3 : THE MASQUERADE BALL

Standing in front of his huge wall sized mirror, he styled his perfectly black hair . He wore a deep blue perfectly tailored suit that would fit no-one else than him.

He smiled looking at his sister as she whistled in his direction.

"Wow my brother is so hot!!"

"That I am , who can deny." He uttered with complete confidence. However, he winced in pain as Sohee punched him on his stomach.

"Hey...you are full of yourself!! Such an arrogant jerk." She shouted at her brother.

"My dear sister, this is called confidence, not arrogance and half the world dies because of this confidence of your brother." Jungkook squeezed his sister's cheek , easily out her expressions.

"I hope you find someone, who can bring you on your knees and drain out your so called confidence." Sohee rolled her eyes, making him laugh slightly.

"Not a chance , sister. I am twenty-eight, yet I have never met a girl who can bring me on my knees."

"It's not their fault. It's you who has closed your heart for everyone." Sohee spoke crossing her arms on her chest.

"Yes, because I would rather be closed for my entire life than to open myself to a wrong person." He sighed, closing his eyes while reminiscing his dark past. "Moreover I don't think the kind of girl I want even exists."

"Really? And what kind of girl do you want?" Sohee cocked her brow , observing her brother while he crossed the bed to sit beside her.

"Hmm..The kind of girl I want? Someone who is beautiful inside out. She doesn't need to be the most beautiful person in the world. Just someone whose face will give me peace. Whose smile would melt my heart the moment I would see her. Whose voice will make me lose my sanity. Someone who would accept me for who I am and not just stay with me for sex and money. Someone who is strong and determined yet soft and respectful. Someone who won't judge me. Someone who would be my happy and safe place. And someone who would be secretly kinky for me." The siblings chuckled at his last statement. "And honestly I don't think there's anyone who can even get to half of this list. So I have given up on finding that one girl for my life. Moreover I don't have time for this love and bulshit. I just want to enjoy and work right now."

"Hmm.." Sohee hummed, before looking at him with a mocking smirk. "What if I knew this someone, who would match your expectations?"

"No..not a chance. It's impossible to find a woman who has everything I mentioned and there's no chance that someone would love the real me. Everyone just like money and sex anyways."

Sohee sighed, observing her brother's sadness. She knew how much he was lonely from within, even if he tried to show everyone that he was happy.

"Let's stop talking about me." Jungkook spoke cutting the tense atmosphere "Well Taehyung is coming as well right Sohee?" He smirked as he saw his sister blushing as she heard the name of her crush.

He was well aware of his sister's feelings for his best friend. Taehyung was an amazing guy, no doubt. But in the maze of time and tangled relationships, he only wished that his sister wouldn't get hurt.

"I-I don't know. Why are you asking me?"

"Well.. won't you be happy if he came?"

She glanced at her brother, biting her lips to suppress the smile forming on her face.

"Yes...I mean..no..maybe. Hey- stop teasing me." He bursted out into a fit of laughter as he saw her red cheeks.

"Look at my little sister. Can't believe you guys still haven't made any progress." He teased her as he straightened to wear his tie.