CHAP 16 : HIS EMBRACE

It had been five days already since Jungkook and Y/n came to Bangkok. All these days passed while they discussed the plans and statistics to make a perfect presentation. Taehyung and Jungkook were the perfect mentors for her and Sohee was a great supporter and together they made the best team.

During the entire one week of business trip, they attended several workshops that helped her with her preparation and today was the day when she would finally have to show what she was capable of.

Jungkook's hand caressed her knee as she continuously bit her lip in nervousness.

"Don't worry you are going to do well." His words of affirmation were like a boost for her everytime she was on the verge of losing her confidence.

In no time, they were in front of the massive glass building where the seminar was going to be conducted.

Luxurious cars were aligned at the entrance. The well known business tycoons from all around the world had gathered in one place. Paparazzi clicking their pictures and shouting them to pose, made her nervous. She rubbed her sweaty palms on her skirt but after a while, a warm hand engulfed hers making her look at him with tender eyes.

"If you feel nervous, just look at me okay?" He said and she nodded in response, still unsure of herself. Still holding her hand he was about to drag her outside the car when she stopped him.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a frown.

"What are you doing? There's media all over the place. You can not walk out holding my hand like that"

"I can." He asserted, his gaze determined.

"No, you can't." She said in a contradicting tone, hesitantly slipping her hand out of his. "I am not your girlfriend. I don't want people to think more about us than it actually is."

Her words pinched his chest, he didn't know why but they did. He wanted to show her off, let the world know that this gorgeous woman was his. And he had no issues in holding her hand and walking in front of the paps. But then, if she didn't want that, he wouldn't force her.

When the driver opened his door, he slid out from his side and waited for her to come out as well. The flashes of the cameras made her uncomfortable. His hand rested on the small of her back as he gently guided her through the reporters.

Once she was inside, all her drowsiness subsided and she could breathe again.She couldn't help but be in complete awe of what kind of effect he had on people as he walked through the main area. All the presenters, big or small, looked at him with admiration, but he hardly passed a full smile to anyone.

She, on the other hand, gave her signature bright smile to everyone who greeted them. His jaw clenched looking at how the men in the venue were mesmerised by the beauty of her smile.

When they reached the elevator, Jungkook made sure that they were the only two who entered it.

"You should stop smiling at strangers like that." He said in a low gruff voice.

"And you should start smiling at people who greet you." She retorted back, her eyes narrowing at him. "Does it pain your face if you smile a bit? Or do you have to pay extra tax if you smile?"

"I don't like smiling for unnecessary reasons." He said, guiding her to where the auditorium was.

"Correction, Jeon. You don't smile at all."

When they stepped to the centre of the floor, she looked at her surroundings in complete awe. The high ceilings, a giant silver chandelier and all the glass walls looked too exquisite.