CHAP 8 : DEEP CONVERSATION

Jungkook's mind was a hurricane hiding inside his calm exterior. As he stood near one end of the deck of the cruise , all he could do was look at the high tides of the waves appearing in front of his vision.

The captain had informed him that they would have to cut their time short since there were the signals of high tides but here he was standing in front of the big waves.

When he looked back at the room that was occupied by the beautiful woman sprawled over his bed and covered in a satin, his body was set on fire. All he could remember was her voice , her touch , her fragrance and her name. She looked so beautiful in his bed. Carefree , peaceful and fragile.

She looked his.

He didn't know what effect she had on him but the intimacy and closeness between them that he observed tonight definitely worried him. Worried that he will lose himself to her. He couldn't remember the last time he took a paint brush in his hand to put so much effort into a painting. He couldn't remember the last time he was so patient and gentle with anyone. He was surprised himself. His mind was buzzed with thousands of thoughts.

Sighing, he picked up a lighter, igniting the toxic cigarette to drift his mind from the situation. As he inhaled the nicotine, the substance caused a burn down his throat giving him a weird kind of relief.

"You didn't sleep?" A soft voice came from behind, making him turn his head. There she was, standing in a black robe with messy hair and bare face, that glowed beneath the light.

" I don't sleep with anyone." He whispered loud enough for her to hear. When he looked at her face he could see the hint of disappointment and sadness in her eyes.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. But that's the truth. Sleeping with someone is too intimate and I don't feel comfortable with that kind of intimacy with the women I have been with."

His words made her pull her lips in a thin line.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologise. I am glad you are honest. And you don't have to change anything for me. Afterall it is just sex , right?"

Jungkook wasn't sure why but he could feel a heaviness inside his heart when he heard 'just sex.'

"Right. Just sex." Replying with those words he took another puff of the smoke to relish his heaviness.

"I hope you know that smoking isn't good for you, Jungkook." Y/n whispered in a soft tone.

Jungkook continued looking at the blue waters while flashing a sad smile.

"I don't fear anything. Neither life nor death."

"But why?" Y/n asked , placing her hand over his.

"Because a man only loves his life when either he has an aim that doesn't let him die or he has someone who owns his every breath. I don't have either. Besides, nobody really cares for me."

Y/n watched silently as he let out his grief behind those silent words. Just as he was about to take another puff , she snatched his cigarette, throwing it into the water.

"Who told you that you aren't important to anyone? Who told you nobody cares about you? Look around and open your eyes , Jungkook. Your father cares for you. Sohee cares for you. Your friends care for you. I care-" she stopped when Jungkook snapped his head in her direction.

His eyes were dark and seemed almost possessed as they raked her body with a fierceness that drove tingles through her. He closed the gap between them and in one swoop lifted her up on his hard body. She cupped her hands around his neck.

"Say that again." He pressed, making her gulp at the intensity.

"I-I care for you." He could see a reflection of himself in her eyes in a way he never looked at himself as.