CHAP 24 : BEATING HEARTS

Jeon Jungkook possibly had the most peaceful yet chaotic night of his life. All he could do was to stare at the sleeping beauty beside him and think about the most beautiful experience of his life that he had shared with her a few hours ago. The billionaire who was habituated to breaking hundreds of hearts for the first time feared of being heartbroken. He couldn’t deny the warmth and serenity that was filled in his heart by the tranquillity because of their tangled bodies.

He was awakened by the steady patter of rain against the roof. As the cosy warmth spread through him , he became aware of the luscious heat of Y/n’s body. She was nestled against his side beneath the comforter which had slipped down their waists while they slept. Slowly opening his eyes, he kissed the top of her head , then the soft skin of her shoulder made her hum. His gaze then shifted towards the bank of French doors. The morning light had muted the darkness of the night , bringing in new hope of life for the couple. Jungkook continued to stare outside for a few moments before shifting his gaze to the woman in his arms. If someone would have told him that he would be cuddling a woman who had his tongue tied, he would have sent that person to a mental asylum. But here he was, curling and sharing his body heat with the woman whom he had shared his first kiss with. Her black hair lay in tousled disarray across the pillow. Her face looked brighter in sleep, peaceful  and angelic with her dark lashes fanning her cheeks. Her lips were slightly parted , that he was tempted to kiss. But he didn’t want to risk waking her until he drank her with his eyes. So, he lay there watching her , barely breathing or blinking, wondering just when he had become so affectionate and obsessed with her.

Because he was completely smitten by her.

And it scared him shitless.

His feelings for Y/n were like an addiction. She was a powerful drug that could consume him, give him the highest highs and make him forget his sanity , his goals, his worries, everything he had ever deemed important.

Being with her was dangerous.

But he didn't care.

Dangerous or not. He was already in.

Unable to resist touching her , he stroked his knuckles up and down her arm, marvelling the silky softness of her skin.

Her lashes fluttered and then she slowly lifted her face to focus on the dark deep eyes of his. After a few moments a dreamy smile touched her lips.

"Good morning."

His mouth curved into a lazy response , "Morning."

Redness flushed her cheeks as she felt their entangled naked bodies, the euphoric teases of last night flashing in her eyes.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Not long." He whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Hmm.." She covered her mouth as she yawned and stretched her back in the bed. The movement dislodged the covers even more and made her full breasts thrust upwards. He stared at them. His cock thickened with arousal. It took everything it took for him to not palm them and suck onto those nipples like some sweet ripe berries.

Obliviously to his lustful thoughts, Y/n lay on her side with her head resting on her arm and one leg thrown over one of his calf.

"Is it raining?"

"Yes." He answered, grabbing her hand and lightly kissing her knuckles.

"Well.." she sighed. "I love when it rains and I don't have anywhere to go. I can just sleep and laze in my bed and enjoy the sound of rain from my window."

Jungkook smiled. "It's pretty cosy , isn't it?"

"Very." With a languid smile, she reached up and lazily combed her fingers through his soft hair enjoying the silky sensations of his strands beneath her fingers. The feel of her warmth made him momentarily close his eyes.