Chapter 3: Julian's Battery

After the boys gave up for the day, Lucy and Sky spent some time together so Julian could have some space after the disappointment he experienced.  Sky was helping Sarah and Lucy with making dinner for Trinity and the boys.  Of course, Julian and Bubbles weren't going to come over for dinner since Sarah and Lucy only criticizes them for their past mistakes and Sky knew Julian didn't want to hear the same old bullshit. 

When Sky was fixing some chicken, the smell of the cooking meat, suddenly, made her stomach lurch angrily.  Gagging, Sky drops the fork she used and takes off running towards the nearest bathroom.  Sarah and Lucy both look up in alert and worry, chasing after Sky.

"Sky? Sky, are you all right?" Lucy calls out against the door.

But, all they could hear was retching sounds as Sky continues to vomit.  Sarah grimaces at the sound.  

"God! I'm so sorry, Lucy. I don't know what happened.  I haven't been feeling that great over the past few days." Sky says, then gags again.  

"Few days?" Sarah asks, and frowns at Lucy.

"Yeah, I think somethings going around and I must have caught it." Sky says and they hear the water running from the water bottles Lucy keeps in her bathroom.  

Sarah gives Lucy a look that makes her sigh in realization, "Do you think...?"

"Sky?  I need ask you something, Sweetie.   Um...when's the last time you had your period?" Sarah asks hesitantly.

Sky thinks, "Um, I was suppose to have it about a few weeks ago, but I've been late before." She shrugs.

"And when did you and Julian last have sex?" Lucy asks.

Sky blushes and rinses her mouth out, spitting down the drain, "2 days ago." She was growing confused with all the questions. 

"And before then?" Sarah asks.

"...a month..." Sky's voice falters and they both hear a thud.  Suddenly, the door yanks open and Sky stood there, numbed and in shock, "No fucking way!"

Lucy gave Sky a spare pregnancy test she keeps in the bathroom cabinet and the waiting game begins.  

The camera crew spies through the window as Sky was pacing the floor. A few minutes later, they watch Lucy walk into the living room with a shocked look as she hands Sky the pregnancy test.  Sky takes it and falls back to sit on the couch.  The camera zooms in on Lucy's and Sarah's worried faces.  

"Pregnant!" Sky exclaims at the camera crew in complete shock as they interview her. "I'm fucking pregnant with Julian's baby.  How in the hell is that possible?!" She scoffs and rubs her worried face, "Ugh! It's the worst time for this to happen.  Julian is so obsessed with getting his business started and I'm up to my neck in bills cause the bar's fixtures.  I don't know what to do.  I don't know how he's going to react to this." She sighs and looks down at her belly, rubbing it gently.  "God." She sniffles. "I always wanted to be a mom, but...Julian and I aren't even married and I don't want to use this baby as a way to pressure him into something like that." 

Sky looks at Sarah and Lucy in worry, "What am I going to do?" Her voice wobbles and she covers her face and begins to cry.

"Oh, Sky." Lucy sighs and sits next to her, hugging her in support and comfort with Sarah.  "It's gonna be ok." 

"Yeah, we're here for you." Sarah rubs her back.  

After calming down, Lucy calls the local obstetrician and sets up an appointment.

"Ok, Doctor Parks will see you in two days at 10 AM, that's the earliest time he can see you.  This could be a false positive.  You can't always trust these things." Lucy says after she hangs up her phone and tosses the test away.