Twenty Three.

"I saw you and Harry at your old flat earlier"

"What do you mean?" I ask the stupid question.

"I saw you kiss"

"Oh"

"Yeah oh, Josh is going to kill you and then go straight for him" She says seriously.

"Freya please, you can't tell him!" I plead.

"Amber" she says before I cut her off.

"Please Freya, I don't even know what the situation is with Harry" I admit.

"What do you mean 'situation'? You've not slept together have you?" She asks like she's afraid of the answer.

I turn back towards my drink to carry on pouring it "erm, no" I take a breath "of course not".

"You can't lie to me, I've known you for ten years. You could never lie" she tells me.

"Once?" I say to her more like a question than the truth.

"Amber" she says crossing her arms.

"Ok, maybe a few times" I say avoiding her gaze.

"I can't keep this a secret"

"Freya please, you're one of my best friends too not just my brothers girlfriend. You have to keep this secret" I'm practically begging her now, I don't know how Josh would act but with Freya's reaction I can't imagine it would be good.

"Amber you do realise you're asking me to lie to my boyfriend?"

"I know I'm putting you in the worst position but I can't tell Josh something I don't even understand myself yet"

"Ok fine, but only until you work whatever the hell is going on between you both"

I pull her in for the biggest hug and squeeze her rocking her back and forth.

"What's going on in here then?" We hear from the side of us, both turning around to see Josh.

"Freya said she'd come and help me unpack tomorrow and I thought she deserved the biggest hug to put up with me stressing tomorrow" I lie.

Freya just nods her head towards Josh and exits the kitchen.

"Are you ok?" Josh asks.

"I'm great, thank you again bro"

"Anytime, you know I'd do anything for you. Love you sis" He hugs me.

"Love you more" I say into his shoulder guilt written across my face.

"Aw, that's sweet" Harry says walking into the kitchen.

"Have to show the love sometimes" Josh says going over to Harry and giving him a manly hug "thanks for helping out for my sister, mate"

"It's no bother, have to help sometimes don't I"

I could see how uncomfortable it made Harry lying to Josh, I could also see the horrible position I'd put Freya in. This boy best be worth me risking everything for him.

Josh walks back into the living room leaving me and Harry on our own in the kitchen.

"Erm, so Freya knows" I say avoiding his gaze.

"What?!" He whisper-shouts "I thought we weren't telling anyone about us?" He says getting closer to me.

"Us?" I ask "how can I tell anyone anything when I don't even know what this is?" I say pointing between the two of us.

"Amber please, not now. We can talk about this somewhere way better than a house party" he points out.

I roll my eyes and turn my back to him to leave the room, I don't get very far before he's grabbed my arm and pulled me gently back into him.

"Don't walk away from me, please" he begs.

"Harry, I can't do this right now. I've just told my brothers girlfriend what she saw was right and asked her to keep it a secret from her boyfriend. I'm really not in the mood"

"She saw us?" He questions.

"Mm-hm" I nod "in my old flat"

"On nelly"

"Oh nelly indeed" I say.

"We have to be careful"

"Well yeah"

"Do you know how hard it is to watch all those couples be all loved up and I can't even look at you without Josh telling me to look elsewhere. I like what we've got going. Let's just enjoy it, the secret is exciting"

"We'll see how long Freya can keep it to herself first"

We give each other a quick kiss on the lips before heading back into where the others are.

I walk back into the living room first to see everyone still stood in their little groups. I walk over to Tobi and Ethan and try to get involved in their conversation about some form of video game until I notice Harry coming out of the kitchen, cup refilled and looking very nervous as he approaches Josh, Freya, Vik and Lux. I can't help but notice Freya can't look him in the eye and it isn't long until she's walked off to join in on Simon, JJ and Talia's conversation.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

_________

• Just a quick one, hope you're all good.

Amber x