Forty Two.

I flutter my eyes open to the sun beaming in through the window. I turn my head to the side to see Harry is still sound asleep with his arm wrapped around my waist.

I reach for my phone trying not to wake him up to look what time it was, 8:42am.

I try to go back to sleep but the sun is far too bright. I look up towards the ceiling and take in everything that happened last night.

We had sex, for the first time in a while. So he's not mad at me anymore? I'm so confused.

I stay like this for a good ten minutes before I feel Harry start to stir at the side of me.

"Morning" I say slightly smiling.

"Morning" he says sleepily but still with a smile "are you ok?"

"I'm ok, are you?"

"I mean, are you ok? I know I'm confusing things and I really don't know what I want or what to do but I do know that I wanted that, I wanted you last night" he says.

"Well yeah, I kind of guessed that" I say giggling "Harry, I understand, It's such a weird situation. You hated me 2 days ago and now... well, now this" I sit up and sit at the edge of the bed.

"I didn't hate you, I could never. I just didn't know what to think" he says sitting up and sitting behind me.

He wraps his arms around my waist and buries his head in between my neck and my shoulder.

"I do know that I don't regret that, I don't know where it leaves us but I do know that I want to be with you 24/7 again"

"You do?"

"I do"

"But I don't understand what that means?" I say.

"It means that we take it slow"

"How can we take it slow? We've just had sex after breaking up?" I say sighing.

"I just... I just don't know"

"I'm going to go take a shower" I say getting up from the bed and leaving him there.

Harry's POV

I've messed this up.

How can you be so into a girl but not know what to do? It doesn't help when I'm socially awkward anyway.

I like her and I do know now that the whole thing with Tobi was nothing but how do you put it to the back of your mind?

She's walked away from me, I know I've fucked up.

I walk towards the shower and I can hear her softly crying, I didn't want to make her cry.

I sigh and get changed into some shorts and a t-shirt and make my way downstairs.

"Morning lad" Ethan says to me as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning" I say with my head hung low.

"You ok?"

"Yeah" I say bluntly.

"Tell me what's happened" he says to me coming to stand across from me, leaning on the worktop.

"I've fucked things up mate"

"How d'ya mean?"

"I slept with Amber last night"

"Well we all saw that coming" he says with a smirk.

"It's not funny"

"I didn't laugh Bog but it was pretty obvious you have something real going on"

"I doubt it now"

"What?"

"I told her I wanted to take it slow"

"Mate, are you ok? You've already been in a relationship with her, it's pretty obvious she's head over heels for you and you her. You've had the green light from Josh eventually so why would you want to take it slow?"

"This is the issue, I don't want to. I didn't know what to say"

"So you thought you'd ruin it then?"

"No mate, like I wanted to do that! I just, I just don't know how to do this with someone like her. She's crazy beautiful, everyone loves her and I don't want to share her"

"But you won't be sharing her, she'd be yours"

"But the whole Tobi thing"

"Oh get a grip Harry, it was a misunderstanding"

"A misunderstanding that I believed, I made her think I couldn't trust her. Then completely ignored her, how do you move past that? What if there's another photo like that?"

"You've got to trust her and believe in yourself. Don't lose this one Harry, she's too good to let go"

"Yeah" I say sighing.

Just as me and Ethan do the bro hug Amber walks down the stairs, looking at the both of us and walking straight past us. I've got some making up to do.

__________

• Don't hate me, I've been mad busy.

Hope you're all ok and enjoying reading the story.

Lot of love to you all,
Amber🖤