Thirty Nine.

"Oh, we're going to Ibiza" JJ was singing very loudly.

"JJ I swear to god, if I hear that once more!" I say pulling my suitcase through the airport.

"But Amber, WE'RE GOING TO IBIZA!"

"Ughhh" I say sighing.

"Come on, let's stop in here for a beer" Ethan says.

We pile our suitcases into one booth and we cram ourselves into two more, it was about 10pm so it wasn't majorly busy. Our flight was in about an hour, so we had plenty of time.

Me and Harry hadn't spoken since he left me standing in the kitchen after kissing me on the cheek. I just couldn't understand why he did that to me, why kiss me on the cheek and tell me I'll always be a sidemen but be so mad at me that he can't even look at me half of the time?

"Here we go, beers all round" Ethan says as him and Harry place them in front of us.

"Yo, where's my apple juice?" Tobi asks.

"Shit" Ethan says making his way back to the bar.

"Here you go" Harry says placing the last beer in front of me, only glancing at me slightly with a small smile.

He looks towards the other booth for somewhere to sit, until he realises the only place left for him is at the side of me. He half smiles and takes a seat. I shuffle awkwardly to give us a bit more space.

"You ok?" He asks me.

"Oh, yeah. I'm ok thank you. You?" I reply shocked.

"Yeah, I'm ok. Excited?" He asks.

"Yeah, I am. I'm nervous about the flight though" I admit.

"Scared of flying?"

"A little bit" I say giggling nervously.

"Who you sat with?"

"I've ended up with Ethan, not that he'll be much help with my nerves" I say.

"I'm with JJ, how'd you think I feel?" He says nudging me slightly, chuckling at the same time.

"I feel for you" I say sarcastically, smirking.

"Don't give me that sarcastic tone" he says rolling his eyes playfully.

I smile at him and we both go quiet. We turn to other people's other conversations and the time passes quite quickly before we're called to board our flight.

I make my way on with Talia and Simon before we split up on the plane to go to our seats.

I sit down in the window seat after placing my hand luggage above me and put my seat belt on, automatically feeling my palms start to get warm and my breathing get heavier.

I feel the chair move beside me and feel someone take a hold of my hand. I look to my side and see Harry sitting there.

"Hi" he says smiling at me.

I'm not able to find the words to say anything back to him so I just squeeze his hand tighter and half smile towards him.

The plane finally takes off and I'm able to let Harry free from the death grip I was currently holding his hand in.

"I think I can manage now if you want to go to where you're supposed to be?" I say more like a question than a statement.

"It's ok, I swapped with Ethan altogether. I figured if you're nervous taking off you are going to be nervous landing too" he says.

"You're actually right, I think I'm worse to be honest" I say as we laugh together.

"Harry about..."

"Let's just get to Ibiza, yeah?"

"Yeah" I says sighing as I look out the window. I just wish he'd talk to me about it. I know he's still mad and finding the right way to act but why keep doing things like this and then when I try to talk about it, I'm not allowed? He's right, get me to Ibiza!

About ten minutes pass when the seatbelt sign goes off and it's only then that I realise Josh and Freya in front of us and I only notice because Josh's head pokes up above the seat in front of me.

"You ok, Amber?" He asks, knowing just how nervous I can get.

"I'm ok, thanks to Harry" I say, looking towards him.

"Got to keep my girl calm" he says definitely not realising what he'd said before saying it. I look at him quite quickly letting him know that I'm aware of what has just come out of his mouth.

"I mean my Amber, I mean our Amber, I mean Amber" he says going red. Josh sits back down in his seat realising how awkward Harry would be feeling.

"I'll always be your Amber" I say placing my head on his shoulder and falling asleep in no time at all.

____________

Sending you all love, hope you're all good.

Amber 🖤