Chapter 9: Sports Festival Part. 2

Ozzie pov
Next up, cavalry battle.

Rules were pretty simple, teams of no more than 4, rider has to wear the head band, and don't attack with malicious intent.

It was time to pick teams and I was kind of worried about who to ask to team up, then I saw Shinso.

He already had two people so I wanted to ask him.

"Hey Shinso!" I called him while waving my hand.

"What's up Cisneros?"

"I told you to call me Ozzie." I puffed my cheeks.

"Right, sorry."

"Anyway, can I be on your team? I would team up with my classmates but they all seem taken." I chuckle.

"Sure, I needed one more anyway."

"Great! Uhm... why are their eyes like that?" I asked pointing at Oijiro and Aoyama.

"I brainwashed them."

"That's mean."

"..."

"Ah! Doesn't matter! Come on."

I got into position so that me, Oijiro, and Aoyama could hold him up. Me in the front, Oijiro on the left and Aoyama on the right.

"Ready?"

"Yeah!"

We moved mostly in silence, we didn't bother trying to get the 10 million since everyone else was going for them, we just went for as many points as we could without being seen.

There was a point in which Denki accidentally released his electricity in our direction.

Last second I thought of something.

My quirk only absorbs natural energy sources so raw electricity should work. (Run with it, okay?)

I pressed my hands to the floor and believe it or not, I was able to absorb the electricity, but I had to release it soon since I don't know how to work it and because it felt like I had a bunch of bees in me.

I ended up releasing it into a huge kaleidoscope of butterflies and I felt a bunch of eyes on me, embarrassing.

Once the timer was out I looked at the score bored.

3rd place: Team Shinso

We did it, we made it to the 1 on 1 battles!

I look over and I think Shinso let Aoyama and Oijiro out of his grasp because they looked confused as to where they were.

I walk over to Oijiro, "Hey you okay bud?"

"Wh- what happened?"

"We got into the one on one battles, look." I point at the board

Oijiro looked at the board then Shinso, then back at me, he grabbed my shoulders

"Di- did he get you too?"

"Huh?"

"Did he use his quirk on you too?"

"No, I asked to be on his team actually."

He gave me a look of disbelief before letting me go then going towards Aoyama and helping him.

Time skip
Brought to you by laziness