8,

The group split up once they all finished eating, Cedric wanted to walk around Hogsmeade with Aaliyah before he headed back home and of course, she agreed.

On Draco's way out he nudged Aaliyah's shoulder roughly. He refused to use the word jealous because Draco Malfoy does not get jealous — Aaliyah is just a rubbish actor, can't even have a fucking affair correctly.

The next day, Aaliyah hadn't thought that Draco would've been so hostile towards her but he was, he figured that it might be best to cut ties with the brunette seeing as she's not worth his time.

So after two days of Draco completely ignoring Aaliyah, she got the gist of it and made sure to stay out of the blonde's way. She was mad at herself for still wanting him 'you're a shitty fucking person Aaliyah' she kept telling herself, she felt like she was in the middle of a tug-of-war match and Draco is on one side and Cedric is on the other.

This should have been her cue to stay away from Draco and return to her happy marriage — but something changed when she realized how repetitive her life had become and the thought of going back to that made her want to cry. It didn't seem so happy anymore.

She had gotten with Cedric at the end of her 7th year, they were joined at the hip and when he asked her to marry him after the war at 20 years old it was like she truly couldn't be happier, from getting a house to going on her honeymoon. Cedric went to work in the day and Aaliyah would work part-time at a cafe near their house. Then she'd come home clean up, magically do her laundry and then Cedric would be home, dinner, boring conversations and possibly sex. Their weekends were spent mostly inside bathing in each other's company. Even there sex was repetitive and Aaliyah hadn't even noticed until Draco.

Aaliyah had tried a few times to make Cedric go clubbing or go on another trip — anything for them to do that was new, exciting and together. But he'd always pull her onto his lap, his hand lightly squeezing her ass and he'd tell her that he just wanted to stay inside with his 'lovely wife'.

A few times she went out with Layla Pucey, and she'd come home smelling like alcohol or weed. I'd cause her and Cedric to get into a fight the next day when she was sober. He'd tell her he was only looking out for her so she gave it up — she always loved a good party whenever any house would host them back in school. Her best friends were Fred and George for fuck sake, even Blaise Zabini and her would drunkenly dance on tables and occasionally make out which both of them wouldn't remember in the morning.

"Mrs. Diggory, may I speak with you for a moment?" Mcgongall asked as she entered Aaliyah's classroom.

"Of course, what can I do for you?" Aaliyah asked with a smile, dropping the paper she was looking at on her desk.

"I am not sure if Mr. Malfoy has told you or not—" Aaliyah's heart began beating out of her chest, was this something bad?

"You both have been paired up together to arrange the Hallows eve ball for the students on October 31st." She said, "I just wanted to confirm that you will participate."

"Oh." Well, that was a relief for her, "Yeah... that sounds brilliant."

"Very well, you both are free to pick any food, decorations and music." Mcgongall said, "Although if you want live entertainment you'd need to give me a fair warning other than that you are free to do whatever — appropriately."

"Of course... just one thing." Aaliyah said, clearing her throat, "Since it's Halloween, are costumes mandatory?"

"That is completely up to you and Mr. Malfoy, last year whoever was in charge didn't bother with costumes." She said, "Mr. Malfoy doesn't seem like the type to really care... I have faith that you will change his mind."