25,

"Draco sometimes I think you take what I say and do the complete opposite," Narcissa said, leaning over her kitchen island to face her son.

"I thought I was speeding up the process in which they separate." Draco groaned, running his hands through his hair.

"Only a man would think something so stupid." Narcissa sighed. "Let me guess... she won't speak to you now?"

Draco nodded. "She hasn't spoken to many people... she's like a hermit... and her birthday is coming up! And we bought her that gift but I feel like if she knows it's from me she'll burn it before even looking at it."

"Draco, love, give her time... a birthday gift is one thing but you certainly cannot use that as a way to slither back into her life, her normality is completely gone and it's not something that you can get used to easily."

"What happens if she finds someone who's less of a douchebag than me?" Draco questioned watching his mother smile at his comment.

"Then she'd be saving herself a lot of headaches. I doubt she's on the lookout for somebody new... you guys will connect again, send her gift through owl... don't hand it to her, okay?"

Draco leaned his forehead against his mother's kitchen counter, groaning obnoxiously. "Why must women be so bloody difficult all the time? I feel like you don't even know what you want half the time!"

"That's the fun of it, Draco, women are guessing games — the only problem is guessing something wrong may make them reconsider being with you... you gotta learn how to play the game properly... not cheat your way out of it."

Draco lifted his head up, "Mom I cheat in almost every card game I play!"

"Exactly, now you'll have to learn how to lose, I promise it'll work out." She said, "Now let's go visit Dromeda, she's expecting us at her place any minute now."

-

On Aaliyah's birthday, she woke up to many gifts surrounding her bed, all wrapped in pretty paper. Simba has already been clawing at them, some of the packages a bit ripped.

Layla had gotten her two gifts, one was the Dior perfume she always wore and the other was low waisted jeans which she had been trying to get Aaliyah to wear since they became a trend — Aaliyah knew it was the 2000s and the muggles adored them but she couldn't stand them!

Molly Weasley knitted her a giant blanket which she instantly fell in love with and the twins sent her a box of their new adult collection they were selling in Diagon alley — there was an array of candy-based items and even pleasure gels. Aaliyah rolled her eyes but laughed when she read the note 'let us know how the gel works, we expect photo proof', good thing she was used to their stupid jokes or somebody would think they were perverts.

Adrian, Miles, Oliver, Miguel and his girlfriend, her mother, her uncle and even Hermione sent her gifts. Aaliyah made a mental note to thank everyone once she was done opening up her gifts.

The last box was the smallest of them all, wrapped in a pretty forest green colour. She opened it to see a bracelet with one charm on it, it was the handbook for the recently deceased — from beetle juice. She smiled to herself as she inspected it, this was one of the coolest gifts she's ever gotten and she knew exactly who it was from.

She looked at the tag on the bag that the gift was in 'Saw this and thought of you -D.M'

Aaliyah clipped the bracelet on her wrist, it was one of those where you could keep adding more charms if you wanted to. She knew he must have searched for something meaningful since nowhere in the Wizarding community near them would have muggle-related charms.