22,

Aaliyah had woken up to her phone buzzing, she flipped it open and saw it was a text message.

Cedric: Aaliyah I've apologized multiple times yet you don't care. You always make me out to be the bad guy and I'm sick of it, I'm sure everything is my fault like always but I do hope you realize you will be all alone in this world if you continue to act like this. Everything I do is for you, why isn't that enough?

A fight the two of them began playing in Aaliyah's head.

It was late at night and Cedric still wasn't home from work, usually, he called if he was running late. Aaliyah tried to phone him but it went straight to voicemail. She didn't want to overreact, he'd just call her out for it.

The streetlights had come on and still, he wasn't home, Aaliyah was sitting in the family room reading trying to pass the time. Finally, Cedric returned home.

Aaliyah snapped her book shut, "Hey, you're home."

"Yeah, busy day at work," Cedric replied and flung his blazer on the chair.

"You usually call me if you stay late — everything okay?" Aaliyah replied, standing up.

"I don't need to explain every little thing to you, Aaliyah," Cedric growled and Aaliyah was confused, why was he the one getting upset?

"I just wanted to make sure everything is fine."

He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Am I not allowed to have a busy day at work?"

"I never said that!" Aaliyah said, raising her voice. It's like he's not even listening to her!

"What are you implying then, huh?

"Why are you acting like this? If you just quickly sent me a message saying you were late we wouldn't be having this conversation right now — your belt is undone, Cedric. What's up with that?" Aaliyah asked, her voice wavering as her eyes met with his.

He looked down and removed it from the loops, dropping it to the floor. "Oh please... You think I'm a cheater now?"

Aaliyah's eyebrows were knitted together, "Again I never said that!"

"You implied it, you know it hurts that you think I'd ever do something like that to you."

What the hell, she didn't understand why it was him that threw out the word 'cheating'. Cedric loved her, he would never do such a thing.

"Do you need me to call Simon and get him to confirm I was in the office?"

"No Cedric!" Aaliyah was growing agitated, it's like everything she was saying was going in through one ear and out the other.

"Then what the fuck do you want from me? I didn't do anything, you're acting insane waiting for me to arrive home."

"Are you serious?" Aaliyah scoffed and stormed out of the family room, going up the stairs to their room. She refused to stand there and have him shit on her as if she's some obsessed woman.

"Ah yes, make me look like the bad guy Aaliyah. Why do you always run away? You know how I feel about this shit." He yelled up to Aaliyah who was already up the stairs.

"Don't start! I always wait for you to come home every single day and now you're acting like I'm waiting to pick a fight... I ASKED WHY YOU WERE LATE!" She yelled, slamming the bedroom door.

Cedric went up the stairs, entering the room after her. "I'm sorry, alright? But I still don't see what I've done wrong."

"I don't want to fight," Aaliyah said, turning on the lamp. "Can we just drop this, please... I'm sorry for springing it on you."