9,

After much convincing Aaliyah managed to drag Draco out to get some decorations and such for the Hallows eve ball, Draco didn't care about the dance, the only reason he was signed up in the first place was because last year he refused to host the Christmas or the Halloween ball and he couldn't weasel his way out of it again.

"Why couldn't you just plan it all out and I take credit for it?" Draco groaned as they apparated to one of those muggle Halloween shops that have walls lined with costumes and decorations.

"Because Draco, I don't want to plan out everything." Aaliyah rolled her eyes and Draco opened the door for her and they walked in. 10-foot figures from the muggles' favourite horror movie characters stood at the front and Draco glared at them, this store is fucking weird he thought.

"Step on that." Aaliyah said pointing to the 'step on me' sticker on the floor.

Without much thought, Draco stepped on it and the mechanic spider jumped out at his legs and he went and kicked it, making it tip over. Aaliyah started laughing, slapping her hand against her leg. His mouth was parted open in shock, his fists were balled — basically, Draco looked like he was ready to have a fight with this fake spider.

"I wasn't scared," Draco said too quickly. "I just wasn't expecting that."

Aaliyah didn't bother hiding her smile, "We should buy that though." Draco said, smirking along with Aaliyah — the spider wasn't funny but Aaliyah's reaction was cute, she had a nice laugh.

Aaliyah and Draco walked around the rest of the store. They planned on lining the walls of the great hall with cobwebs which they didn't need to buy since the spiders would do that for free. They got two disco balls that were shaped like pumpkins and a fog machine. They decided to leave their things at the side so they wouldn't have to carry them around while they looked for costumes.

"So have you decided on what costume you're wearing?" Aaliyah asked as they made their way to the costume section of the store.

"I'm not wearing one," Draco said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Uhh yes you are, it's mandatory," Aaliyah said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Says who?" Draco retorted, crossing his arms as Aaliyah scanned the racks.

"Me." Aaliyah said and pinched his cheek, "Lighten up, will you?"

Draco wanted to tell her to piss off but he liked her showing him public affection even if it was in front of a bunch of muggles. "I'll be myself for Halloween then, Aaliyah."

"That's a shitty costume... you might as well dress up as a pharaoh then since you think you're some sort of king." She said pointing to the costume in front of them.

"Maybe you should be a dog since you're a real bitch." Draco mumbled.

"You know what they say... karmas a bitch — and this karma girl sounds pretty hot." Aaliyah sang and Aaliyah was definitely Draco's own personal karma, they both knew it.

"Well, then I'll make sure that bitch is beautiful." He said with a smirk, "You should wear that—" Draco said pointing to the skimpy bunny costume.

Aaliyah shook her head, "I've passed the whole teenage slutty bunny phase plus we're teachers — I'm thinking this!" Aaliyah said and picked up one of the flapper costumes, she held it up to her, "What do you think?"

"I think you're going to wear that for me, later." He replied, staring at the short black dress that was cut low and filled with ruffles, "That's your costume, don't change it."

"Now for you." She said and Draco grumbled, "Do I have to?"

"Yeah... What about a mobster? Or a vampire?" Aaliyah suggested.