30,

Days started to morph together until June arrived, all the professors at Hogwarts were busy preparing their students for O.W.L.S, Exams and N.E.W.T.S.

Aaliyah had received a wedding invite from Neville and Hannah, they were getting married in August. She had already RSVP'd and Fred and George also were invited so at least she'd have people to talk to.

Everything legally was going over smoothly with the divorce and it should be finalized soon which made Aaliyah excited for her future. And the only thing she wanted in it for sure was the boy with platinum hair.

They didn't spend every single minute together, it wouldn't have been healthy. But Draco had taken her out to dinner, both of them having an excuse to dress up and act as fancy as they'd like.

It was just after her last class on Thursday when Minerva and a few other people she didn't recognize entered her classroom. All of them wore tight-lipped grins and even Minerva who usually looked cheerful looked anything but.

"Minerva good afternoon." Aaliyah greeted her and she gave a tiny nod back.

"Ms. Mercado I'm afraid we have a very serious issue on our hands." She said and Aaliyah swallowed thickly, her stomach turning.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Some things have been brought to our attention regarding our staff and following ministry protocol we've had to look over our paperwork — no point in going into detail. The point is your record shows you were involved in war crimes."

"W-what?" Aaliyah exclaimed, standing up from her chair. Two men that were standing behind Mcgongall took a few steps forward.

"Under section—" Aaliyah began zoning out, her vision grew blurry like she was looking through one of those funhouse mirrors. "Are you listening? Ms. Mercado?"

She snapped out of her trans, her hands shaking. "There's been a mistake, I've never been involved in anything like that! You have the wrong person—"

"Are you Aaliyah Mercado? Born in Esher, Surrey on April 27th, 1979?"

"Yes but—"

"This is all legal Ms. Mercado, this is not some false accusation." One of the men said, looking down at her with a stern look.

"I am sorry Ms. Mercado but having a record as a professor is forbidden at Hogwarts... you're going to have to pack your bags and leave," Minerva said. She didn't believe it when the two ministry workers first barged into her office earlier in the day but to her dismay, it appears to be true.

"Please don't do this... I— how is this possible if I've never even been to a trail?"

"You have, says here July 30th, 1998." The other man said, reading off a piece of parchment.

"Can I see that sir?"

"It's confidential." He replied shortly.

Aaliyah furrowed her eyebrows. "That is about me... how in the hell is it confidential?"

"Don't make me call—"

Mcgongall held her hand to the man. "There is no need, Ms. Mercado, I need you out of here by 8 am tomorrow morning."

"Y-yeah... of course." She said and once the three of them left she collapsed into her seat, grabbing onto strands of her hair. Where was she supposed to work and live now? Nobody is going to hire a person 'associated' with war crimes. She didn't even know how to fix that... is there a way to prove she was innocent?

Aaliyah wobbled up the stairs to her loft, she now had to pack up her entire life and figure out where she could stay. There were a few possibilities: The twins, Layla, Adrian or Miguel and Amara.