Chapter Twenty

AN: Oh my wonderful Sillies! You have all unanimously chosen Ed to tell this next chapter (which should probably be up by the end of today aka Tuesday but idk, only you know for sure)!

Because I mention my kitty, I put a picture of her up there ^^^

Here's the story you guys! Enjoy!

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

Dreams

After Ray collapsed on my lap, I told Colonel that they need to make sure that Rachel would get her heart checked by a doctor, because she probably just had another small heart attack. They also needed to make sure that they got every single piece of Al, so that I could fix him after my arm got fixed.

I decided that we also needed to go to Resembool to fix my arm, as well as Rachel's. Only one idiot knew how to fix me and Ray. I rubbed my head, already anticipating the wrench being flung against it.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

When we boarded the train, Hughes came to see us off. I had a new puppy-guard and after Hughes filled me in I said sarcastically. "Yeah that's just great, but would you mind telling me what he's doing here?"

Major Armstrong was sitting across from me and Rachel. He was a big man, who had a blond mustache and one blond flock of hair. He sat with his arms crossed and I swear that man sparkled. He's an emotional wreck and honestly just a pain to be around.

"Protection" Hughes answered. "What happens if Scar comes back again? You two are in no condition to fight. The Major's here to help, just be nice!"

Rachel smirked at me and I blushed, looking away. Why was she such a stupid bully? I thought angrily to myself.

"Children can be so stubborn." Major said, not even opening his eyes.

"Hey!" I yelled at him "I'm not a child! Anyways, are you sure Al made it on board?"

My brother couldn't sit with us, being in his condition. "Oh yeah, where is Al?" Rachel asked.

"He's with the sheep." Major said like it was just another fact.

Ray's mouth dropped open and I flipped out. "HE'S WHERE?!! My brother isn't some kind of CATTLE!"

The train buzzer rang, and Lt. Col. Hughes said his goodbyes, leaving me with Little Miss Idiot Bully and Mister Fabulous.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

About halfway in, Rachel had fallen asleep against my chest. I looked down at her and stroked her soft hair. She murmured for her mom. I stopped mid-stroke and looked at her. She was dreaming about her past. She's been doing this more often, but she never remembers them in the morning. I listened closely to see if I could piece together Ray's strange past.

So far, there have only been a couple names mentioned in her dreams. I know she either has or had both a mother and father. There is someone named Julia, and I can't tell if it's her sister or enemy or friend, but she's important. Someone named Cooper as well. Maybe that was her dog or brother or friend, but he's also important, and she seems fond enough of him, almost like she wants to care for him. There's also something called Almond. I'm assuming that's her pet, considering there isn't anyone cruel enough to name their child that.

I made another mental note to see if I can refresh her memory later by bringing up their names. I continued to stroke her hair and eventually fell asleep leaning on the window.

I woke up at one of the stops in Resembool. I yawned loudly and stretched, then quieted myself as I learned Ray was still sleeping on my chest, her mouth slightly opened. An older man walked by, and Major Armstrong seemed to recognize him.

The big oaf quickly sprang to the window, squishing me and poor Rachel. I shielded her as best as I could, and she stayed asleep.

"Dr. Marcoh!" The Major yelled after the man. "Dr. Marcoh that is you,isn't it?"

The man stopped and shock registered in his face as the Major continued "It's me, Major Alex Louis Armstrong from Central!"

Just then the man took off, and Major sat back down, letting me finally rest the arm that was pushing him away from Rachel. "Friend of yours?"

The Major didn't pick up on my sarcastic tone, and answered. "He's from Central, one of the most talented State Alchemists. He was researching into possible medical applications of Alchemy. But after the Ishbalan war, he went missing, just disappeared."

I looked after the man and stood up, telling the Major to hold Rachel. "C'mon lets go, Major." We got Al and left the train. "A guy like this might know something useful about bioalchemy."

We went through the town with a sketch of Dr. Marcoh. When I commented on Majors skill in drawing, he repeated his catchphrase (AN: I don't know what else to call it haha) "The skill of drawing has been passed down the Armstrong family for generations!" There it is again... That damn sparkle... I thought.

We heard from many people that they knew a man like him but by the name of Dr. Mauro, rather than Marcoh. Apparently, he has been helping a whole ton of people in Resembool. We later learned that he uses Alchemy to cute people, just as we thought. We were then pointed to the direction of his house.

By now Rachel was starting to wake up, and Major put her down. She leaned on me for support as we walked up the steps. I knocked on the door, but it cracked open, so I slightly pushed it. Just then, Dr. Marcoh fired a gun right where my head was. If I hadn't dodged, and Rachel hadn't jumped onto the floor, one of us would've been dead.

"Alright, tell me what you three are doing here! Are you here to take me back?" The doctor said, not putting down his gun.

I picked Rachel up, who now had a small cut on her face from the fall, as Major explained "Doctor, please-"

"I don't ever want to go back!" Dr. Marcoh shook. "Ever! Anything but that!"

"But sir..." Rachel said, wrinkling her nose. "We aren't here to take you back." she paused and looked up at Major "Right?"

"Of course not. Now please, doctor listen-"

"So you're here to put an execute me then?!" The doctor accused.

"No! Nothing like that!"

"I won't be tricked by you!"

Major sighed, then threw the crate that contained my brother shouting "I'll ask you one more time, please calm down!"

"Al!" I shouted.

I would've done something until Rachel sighed. "What is it?" I asked as we walked in.

"I was gunna feel my face or something... but I uh, don't have arms. It's weird, like you want to do something, but you can't." She said awkwardly and I nodded, understanding what she meant.

I remembered my mental note, and told her we needed to talk, but just then Dr. Marcoh started to tell his story.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

AN: Sorry for such a weird ending, but I'm probably gunna post the next chapter today as well, or tomorrow. But hey, what do you guys think about Rachel's dreams?!?