Chapter Seven

Meeting Mustang

I woke up to Al's voice. "C'mon Rachel, you've gotta get up. We're at the Colonel's office."

I groaned in protest, but Al put me down and I yawned and followed Ed inside. "Hey! Fullmetal! I have an assignment for you!" I heard a voice say from inside the room.

Ed replied sarcastically and I stepped inside. "Uh, hello sir I'm Rachel a-"

Ed cut me off with a laugh. "This is the girl who also almost killed the president."

The Colonel replied. He was a good looking man for his age, with pale white skin and black hair and eyes to match. He welcomed me and handed me an envelope.

"What is this?" I asked. But I opened it, ready to do whatever I needed to do.

"Read it out loud, Rachel." Ed encouraged me.

With shaking hands, I read the words. "You have been accepted as a State Alchemist. From now on, your title will be the Scarlet-Haired Alchemist." I looked up at the Colonel. "Oh, thank you sir!" I bowed deeply and Ed laughed.

"We'll have to teach you to do something with your hair so your name will be more fitting." He said, and started to mess with it, before I slapped him away.

"Well, I'm assuming you'd like to go with the boys as well, am I right?" The Colonel said.

"Yes sir." I said, then Ed interrupted me.

"Uh, you see..." he dropped his voice. "She's, like me and Al."

"She committed the taboo as well?" The Colonel said, eyes wide. "Well no wonder."

"See, uh..." I said. "I don't have any memory before a month ago, when these two saved my life. So I really don't know if I did or not."

"Well, there's a hope, and the boys are after it too."

"I know. The Philosopher's Stone. I'm going with them to fix my body. Unfortunately, I have a deadline. The doctors gave me about two years to live. My heart was also damaged when I, saw you know..." I trailed off and put my hand on my chest.

"Sit down Rachel, you're turning pale." Al said and pulled up a chair.

I nodded, plopping myself into the chair, and the Colonel started talking again. "If you ever need me, my name is Roy Mustang, also known as the Flame Alchemist." He snapped his fingers and a little flame danced in his hand.

"Thank you, sir." I said.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

"Boys, well, now Rachel you too, I have an assignment for you." He smirked, "And it could get you a step closer to the Stone."

Ed perked up. "What is it?"

"You're going to a place called Liore. There's rumors of a priest who can preform 'miraculous works' such as bringing the dead back to life. Go check it out."

"Alright, see you later!" Said Ed, and we left Colonel Roy Mustang to his work.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

AN: Can anyone tell me if I'm spelling Liore right? And tell me how you're all liking the story!