Chapter Twenty Eight

AN: Alrighty my Sillies, here's the next chapter <3
Kisses!
WAIT!!!!

It's almost the thirtieth chapter (we've come so far *sniff*) and I need votes for the other person's POV! We can do Mustang, Winry, Ed, Al, pretty much anyone so comment your votes (will be taking votes until the end of November) btw it's my birthday so yaaay!!!

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

We opened the door to find a room full of books. By full I meant full. The walls seemed to be made of stacks and stacks of books, with a few more scattered across the ground. The room had become a maze, with walls made up of more books. The room was dark because of the books that blocked the light from getting through the windows, and being stacked too high, they eliminated any chance of any real lights. The books that didn't sit in shelves tilted inwards, making it seem like if you were to walk down the hall, you would be swallowed by mounds of them.

"W-What the hell is with all these books?" Ed exclaimed, looking down the narrow opening.

"Well... We have to go find her I guess." I sighed, and we began to squeeze our way through the tiny hallways.

"Does someone really live in this mess...?" Sergeant Brosh muttered, sucking his gut in, as 2nd Lieutenant Ross called out for Ms. Sheska.

As Ed and I continued to shuffle down with the two soldiers, Al's armor clinked together, and he pointed down an especially small passage. "Brother... Ray... There's... There's someone buried under here!"

I looked over to see a mound of books piled high, with a small, pale hand sticking out from the pile. "He's right..." I said in shock.

We suddenly sprang into action, digging her out, with the occasional "hang in there" being thrown at her. Eventually, we managed to get out a small, pale woman with short cropped brown hair and big glasses. She wore a purple sweater and some jeans. We were left panting, and I had a book on the top of my head from when Ed had thrown one. The woman was left apologizing over and over.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I accidentally knocked over a mountain of my books!" She said, bowing to show her apologies. She sat up a little, pushing up the tom of her glasses, clearing the glare to show her big brown eyes. "I thought I was going to die under there! Thank you very much for saving me!" She bowed her head a final time.

"Are you Sheska?" Ed asked, taking the book off my head.

"Yes." She said, keeping her head bowed.

"The one from first branch?"

Sheska flinched and then looked up at us in a trance-like awe, cupping her hands at her face. "The first branch. Oh, how sweet it sounds! I've always loved books, ever since I was born, so when I wound up landing a job there, it felt like I was getting a job in heaven." Her performance of excitement quickly turned to one of gloom, and she looked to the floor and said dramatically. "But I forgot that I was at work, and all I ever did was read books, so I got fired."

Sheska looked up to the ceiling, bringing her fists to her chest as though re-living certain memories, making Ed and Al obviously uncomfortable. "I have to work, because I wanted to move my ill mother into a better hospital but..." She took a big breath and turned to us, speaking even more fast-paced than before. "Ah, I really am such a klutz at everything I do, except for reading books that is," she fell to the floor again dramatically, "so no matter where I go, I can't get a job."

Sheska erupted in emotion, scaring the shit out of Al, Ed, and me. "Yes! I am truly a good-for-nothing person! I am the one true scum of society!"

"U-Um..." I interrupted gently, the two boys shifting uncomfortably beside me. "Miss Sheska... There's something we'd like to ask you..."

She snapped out of her emotional outburst and answered "Yes? What is it?"

Ed continued for me saying, "Do you remember seeing any research notes belonging to someone named Tim Marcoh?"

She thought hard. "Marcoh... Tim Marcoh... Hmm..." She suddenly clasped her hands together in a look of triumph. "Ah yes! Now I remember. They were handwritten, and they had been shoved into a bookcase in the wrong section, so I remember them quite well."

The three of us gasped in amazement as Ed asked, eyes sparking and grinning widely "So they really where there!" We then remembered what the library had looked like. "Which means, sure enough, they've been completely burned up." Ed sighed in disappointment.

The small woman spoke up again. "Did you want to read those research notes?"

"Yes... But they're gone now..." I sighed, and we got up, turning to leave.

"Sorry to have bothered you." Al said politely.

"I remember everything that was in them." Sheska said blankly.

We stood stunned, then ran over to her asking "Huh?!?"

"Well, I mean, I remember the content of any book I read." She raised her hands defensively. "It would take some time, but do you want me to duplicate them for you?"

The boys and I gasped in amazement. "Are you serious?" Ed exclaimed, and I hugged my newly found angel. "Thank you, bookworm!" He shouted as Al celebrated behind us.

"Book.. Worm?" Sheska said.

And so, she got to work.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

AN: Okay, that's all for now! It's 2:33 am here, so it is OFFICALLY my birthday! Yayyyyy I'm fourteeeeennn!!!

Have a wonderful night, farewell, and kisses!