Chapter 1

An: I don't own FullMetal Alchemist:Brotherhood, I just think this would be a fun book to write because I'm such a fan! Thank you!

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

One Boring Day

I lay on my bed, bored out of my mind. Being grounded sucked. Looking at the time, I realized it was only 4 and groaned. I could only sneak away after 12. Everyone assumed I was asleep by then. But being 13, I slept through most of the day and am ready each night for a lot of anime.

I really like anime, but currently, I'm in love with FMA. It's not like any other anime, I like really love it. It's kind of weird, how much I love it. Maybe its because my 'teenage hormones' are raging. I don't even know. But honestly, I don't really care.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

When 12 finally rolled around, I snuck out of my room to go downstairs, where my laptop awaited me. I turned it on and went to anime1.com. I sorta lied about watching FMA. I was on Brotherhood, but I guess it's practically the same. I just happen to like Brotherhood's ending more.

I had just started watching the series from the very beginning for the third time. I pressed play and became all excited when the theme song came on. I sang along to the song (in English, so I'm not sure if I was any good), out of habit, but quickly shushed myself as I remembered my parents were just upstairs.

As soon as the theme song ended, and I saw the title, something strange happened. When Ed said the normal first lines, I understood him perfectly. The Japanese was translated into English words in my head, without me looking at the subtitles.

Well okay, I guess I just memorized this. I thought to myself.

But that thought vanished as Edward Elric turned to the screen and fixed his big yellow eyes on me. I became memorized, and no matter how frightened or freaked out I was, I became completely calm.

Then he spoke to me in the Japanese language (that I now understood) and said "Join us, I know we could use a little help."

Suddenly his face disappeared and I became all worked up again. Join us, what does that mean? And why do I just understand JAPANESE all of a sudden?

Before I had any real panicking time, my computer became completely black. It seemed to be pulling me in. Slowly, oh so slowly, I reached towards it. As soon as my fingers touched, I realized my computer's screen want a screen at all!

Little hands began to pull me into my computer and I looked around frantically, but found the room had become an empty, white space, an my computer wasn't a computer at all, it was The Gate. I looked around even more, terrified, only to find a white, faceless woman with a black silhouette. I recognized her/him immediately. Truth.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

The hands pulled me in, and Truth grinned and waved. All of these images surrounded me and my head began to pound. I screamed at the pain, and clutched my head in my hands.

As I tugged at my hair, I realized that my hands were disintegrating. I knew what was happening, I would loose them forever. I looked at my hands and began to cry. I was always proud of their small and dainty features. They were probably the most girly part of my body. The fresh red paint on my nails began to disappear.

The pain was unbearable. I could do nothing but scream at the agonizing pain that radiated through my body. My brain was bursting, it was way too full. I felt my eyes widening and my body stretching at the knowledge.

My face was peeling and falling apart. My legs were peeling. My arms have already been taken. My chest exploded in pain. I thought I was going to explode. I thought I was going to loose my whole body like Al did, but no one would be there to save my soul.

But just then, it ended. I was thrust into reality, and I felt someone stumble over me right before I lost consciousness.