Chapter Twenty Seven

AN: IM SO SORRY THIS IS TAKING FOREVER!!!! If you've read my other updates... My Wattpad is being annoying and won't save my work. I love you my Sillies, please enjoy!

The art attached is done by XxXWeAsHumanXxX , who was the only person to enter a picture... I love you so much thank you ;)! If anyone else enters anything at any time, I will add it to the next chapter I publish! Thanks so much, my friend!

Regardless, I still love all you Sillies so I refuse to give up this computer until I PUBLISH this chapter. Here, written for the ninth time, the chapter. Kisses!

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

We got to the building, only to discover the entire thing was burnt down. After letting out a yell of frustration, Ed stormed in, Al and I close behind. I looked around, sighing, as Ed crouched down to attempt picking up a book that seemed intact. The second he put any pressure on it though, it disintegrated in between his fingers.

"It burned up completely, huh?" Ed muttered to himself. I walked up behind him, and watched as he rubbed the ashes between his gloved thumb and pointed finger.

"Dammit..." I muttered, Ed nodding in agreement.

"Major Armstrong!" I heard a female voice call.

We turned to see two soldiers saluting, one female, one male. The female had short, dark brown hair, and dark blue eyes to match, with a small mole below her left eye. The male had dirty blond hair down to his chin, and green eyes.

"Oh! Why if it isn't 2nd Lieutenant Ross and Sergeant Brosh! What are you two doing here?"

The male solider dropped his salute in a strict fashion as the female one did as well, replying, "You've been ordered to report to Command Center."

I turned my attention to the male as he opened his mouth to say "We will be taking over for you in escorting Edward Elric and Rachel Heart."

"Heart?" I muttered to Al.

"We had to give you a last name... It was the first thing that popped into Brother's head." After giving the boy a strange look, I diverted my attention back to the conversation that was being held.

Armstrong had just agreed to hand over our care to the two soldiers when Edward, who had been oddly quiet, began to throw a fit. "What is this? Here I am, thinking that I can finally get away from this stuffy old guy, and now we've got two new escorts?"

I gave him a sharp look as the soldiers became awkward. He just huffed and rolled his eyes.

Eventually, I got Edward to calm down enough to get us all in the car that was waiting for us outside. The female soldier, 2nd Lieutenant Ross began talking to us as we drove. "As far as the library incident, there is someone who was very well aquatinted with all of the materials located at the first branch."

Edward made a noise of acknowledgement, his attention seeming to have improved drastically as she continued to say, "However, she is no longer working there."

The excitement that had flashed in my friends eyes was diminished and he pouted, crossing his arms and looking out the window. "Doesn't sound very hopeful." He muttered to himself, earning a small snicker from me.

I turned my attention to my left, over at Alphonse, who couldn't help but notice the state of Sergeant Brosh. "D-Did you need something?" The innocent boy asked.

The Sergeant became instantly flustered as he replied in a sweat "O-Oh um... It's just that, if you don't mind me asking, why do you wear that big suit of armor?"

Ed, Al, and I all looked at each other frantically. "I-It's uh, just what he does!" Ed and I said in unison, tense and sweating.

As the two turned their heads and whispered to each other, Al and Ed turned to their windows, and I looked out Ed's because it was easier to see. "Ah, Al, Ray, isn't the view just beautiful here?" He said stiffly, sweating bullets like Al and I.

We nodded quickly, following Ed's idea of distraction, knowing neither of us had anything better. The two soldiers turned to each other and started whispering. I only caught a few things, including "what have we gotten ourselves into?" And "just what do these kids do?".

I looked at Al's suit, and a rush of determination overcame me. I was going to help these poor boys. Al was just a child... I wasn't going to let him live his life miserable and stuck in this suit. I then glanced over at Ed, studying him and his features. I looked at the locks of yellow hair that softly brushed against his rounded face. The thick braid that went only slightly past the neckline of his blood red coat. His deep yellow eyes, and the smile that masked so much pain.

A wave of fury aroused in me. So what if they broke a rule? They were just children! They didn't deserve the pain that they went through every day, and quite frankly, neither did I. The rage grew and grew inside of me and I felt a gloved hand gently touch my arm.

"Ray... You're shaking..." I turned to see Ed looking into my eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I'm just getting annoyed I guess..." I said, looking down and away from his curious gaze.

He sighed, understanding what I was saying. "Me too. Just... Remember to keep calm, okay? We can't put so much strain on that big heart of yours."

Edward was of course joking about the new swelling that doctors discovered on my last check-in, but I still blushed a little when he said my heart was big. Right then, the car stopped and we all got out.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

AN: Sorry that took so long, I hope you guys don't hate me!!!

I have another fanfic of a crossover with FMA and Attack on Titan called Attack On Alchemy, so if you want to check that out, feel free! Love you all, Kisses!