Chapter Six

State Alchemist

I got more nervous as I walked with Ed and Al up to the capital building. My heart began to pound and I started to wheeze. I stopped and leaned on a wall, trying to calm myself. Al noticed me and came over.

"Don't worry Rachel. I'm sure that if anyone will do well, it'll be you. And big brother said it wasn't to hard to do."

By now Ed had come up and put his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, you'll be fine. Just do the stuff we worked on and I'll see you when you get your certificate to hell!" Than he laughed and started up the huge white stairs, and offered me his hand. I gladly took it and he helped me up the stairs.

"Okay." Ed stopped me before we went into the room. "Just show them a little alchemy. They're easily impressed." he scoffed. "We'll be just outside this door, okay?"

"Okay." I said, trying to stop my poor heart from exploding. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open, and stepped inside.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

"H-Hello?" I said as I entered the dark room. It was all stone ground and there were many army officials around me. Even the Füeher President was there!

I bowed and the President's voice boomed. "Who are you, child?"

"I-My name is Rachel." I searched my brain for a last name but none appeared.

I didn't need one though. The president seemed to know me as he said with a laugh. "Edward Elric's friend? I've heard a lot about you child. Show me what you can do."

I bowed again. "Hai!" I kneeled to the ground, and focused on making an animal. A cat, because Al loved cats.

I focused on making the biggest cat, a lion, but a huge statue of one, with every detail exact. After I did that, I went over and made a huge milk bowl. I then changed the lion over and over again to make it seem as though it were roaring, and then I did something risky.

The lion charged the President, but right before it could do anything, I made it turn back and drink it's milk. All the guards pointed loaded guns at me so I stopped. But the Füeher President stood up and began to clap.

"Well done my child, well done. I can see why you've made yourself an acquaintance of the Elric brothers. You also have not used a transmutation circle one." He winked at me. "Now go join your friends."

I staggered out of the room after bowling once more. My weak heart was pounding and I was exhausted. I pushed the door open and collapsed into Ed's arms.

"You went and overdid it, didn't you?" Ed said, looking at the mess that I was in his arms.

"Just... Let me... Calm down..." I said, panting and trying to calm my racing heart.

"Brother... Maybe I should take her back." Al said.

"Alright." Ed shifted me over to Al and he put me on his back, where I promptly rest my head and fell asleep.