Chapter 2

Winry

When I woke, I felt like I was being jostled around. This didn't feel right, my bed never shook me like this. I was freezing. I shivered and a dull pain arouse. I moaned and tried to hug myself. I realized I couldn't and began to feel really confused.

I was cold and unhappy and the dull pain was becoming more intense with every second. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I moaned again and a voice broke through my pain. It sounded weird but I understood it perfectly.

"Dammit Al, she's going to die! Hurry!"

A different voice said "I am, Brother! We're almost there." The voice got lowered and he seemed to be whispering to me.

"Cold..." I felt my lips whisper. I was tired and confused. I didn't know where I was and I was shaking. I felt nauseous and I ended up moving my head away from the voice and threw up a little. It didn't burn like a normal puke, but felt more like blood was dripping down my lips.

I didn't want to die like this. My eyes stayed closed but I felt like the person carrying me knew I was awake. The voice talked to me until it was interrupted by the other. "Al, we're here!"

I was rushed in, hearing doors open. My eyes fluttered open and I saw a glimpse of blond hair and metal. The ceiling lights rushed over my head and I felt like I was safe. All of my sickness seemed to go away and I was drawn into the dark comfort of sleep.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

I woke again in a bed and I sighed, thinking about how weird last night's dream had been. Of course, as soon as I sighed, my chest ached. This is weird, I thought. I remembered the dream and I suddenly felt sick. The only way to know would be to open my eyes.

I did and saw a bright white light and a disturbance somewhere before it all cleared out. I tried to move my head up and nearly collapsed from the pain. I screamed until a hand was put over my mouth and I was shushed.

I looked over to the voice, which sounded familiar. I saw nice, thin legs. My eyes tracked up and I saw a red skirt. Even farther and I saw a black shirt. Nice boobs by the way. I looked even farther up and saw blond hair and a face that was just too pretty. It was Winry.

I had to act as though I didn't know anything, however much it killed me. "Wh-Who are you?" I said as she took away her hand.

"My name is Winry. You are in my mini-hospital/workroom." She blushed and said, "I'm sorry it's not very clean. I never have enough time to tidy up before those two come home." Winry frowned.

"Why? Wh-what happened?" I asked, getting really confused. My memory of everything before the two voices found me was disappearing fast.

"Oh, you don't know? I guess I'll let Ed and Al tell you about it in the morning. Before I leave you though, I want you to take a good look at those hands. They're one of my best works yet!" She smiled and sat my bed up to let me look at a mirror.

[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]|[•]

The person I see in the mirror looks so strange to me. I don't know why, but I just look different. My face and skin was pale, like Winry's, and my eyes were big and blue, like Winry's. But my hair... It was long and red and brown and flowed down to my stomach.

I didn't have a shirt on and my chest was covered in bandages. I got extremely flushed with that and pulled up the curtains. But my hands... They were gone, instead replaced with metal arms that moved as though they had always been mine. I was puzzled, and moved my fingers, one by one.

I looked at Winry and she beamed. She seemed so proud of her work, which I assumed were my arms. She laughed and sat down on my bed. "You should rest. The boys will explain everything to you in the morning okay?"

I sighed and assumed it was for the best. I agreed and she said that she would have a shirt for me when they see me, which made me laugh. She walked out but paused at the door. "What's your name?"

"Um..." I searched my empty brain but Rachel popped up.

"Rachel. My name is Rachel. Thanks for everything Winry. I'll see you in the morning then."

"Hai!" she laughed and left the room.

I lay in my bed, completely overwhelmed and confused. Why can't I remember my past? What is this place? Who am I?

But eventually my brain grew numb from the questions burning inside of me, and my weariness caught up to me as I fell asleep.