Old Friend

Your POV

I was woken up by oh so one hundred perfect pleasant alarm clocked. Groaning I reached over to press the button on top to make the beeping stop. When I did Anna groaned as well as she barely opened her eyes.

Anna: Morning already?

Me: Yeah...

Anna: Why can't you just stay here?

She said reaching out to cup my face rubbing my cheek with her thumb. A little bit of red shade grew on my face before I realized she had her other arm wrapped around me pulling me in.

Anna: Can't we just stay in bed today?

She held me close and under her chin. There was already no space between us and her hold on me was so- Wait no! No! Not this time. Can't let her win.

Me: Anna you know why. I've got to do this.

Anna: Really~?

She said as the hand behind my back rubbed up and down as I started to become drowsy again. No, no, no I just woke up anyways! I can't fall asleep. Especially on the first day. I deepened my tone as I tried to pry away from her.

Me: Anna.

Her lips then placed themselves on my head as she still held me close.

Anna: Please?

Me: Fine... I'll call it off. But I need to grab my phone to make a call.

Anna: Sure!

She smiled 'victoriously' as she let me go. I slipped off the bed and pretended to go for my phone before turning to her smirking and sticking my tongue out at her. Her eyes widened as she pouted in a still slightly sleepy expression.

Anna: You liar!

Me: Sorry, you forced my hand.

Anna: No~.

She said leaning over trying to reach me as I stood out of her reach and started to pick out my clothes. I then responded to her almost mockingly.

Me: Yes~. Now I have to get ready. I need to leave early if I just wanna catch the bus there. Laurie should be able to make breakfast for everyone when she wakes up. Help her if she needs it.

She still sighed in disappointment as I couldn't help but giggle before going to the bathroom to change, brush my teeth, and then wash my face. Coming back out I put my dirty clothes in my hamper as I came back to the bedside sitting on it as Anna still laid in bed. I took her hand into mine as I looked her in the eyes.

Me: Hey... I'll be back before you know it. Okay?

Anna: ... Okay.

She responded still a bit deprived. I then shook my head as I gave her what she wanted. I scooted close to her as I put my hands on her shoulders before leaning in for small kiss. Her expression lightened up a bit before she sat up and to pull me in for another.

Anna: I love you...

Me: I love you too. Now go back to sleep. It'll be a little while longer before everyone else is up okay?

Anna: I will.

She pecked my cheek one more time before I got up and stepped out the door. Making sure I had everything I needed. I put my bag on my back and then I was off to the races.

Timeskip

Me: Alright. Just a couple of weeks here and then I'm free. How hard could it be?

Stepping inside the building I went through my phone to find my classroom. When I found it I was greeted by my teacher as he reached out to shake my hand with a smile.

?: Morning, and you are?

Me: (Y/N) sir.

Adam: Welcome (Y/N). I'm Adam Francis. Glad to have you in my classroom.

Me: Thank you sir.

Adam: Your sear should be the second desk near the window.

Me: Yes sir.

I took a seat as I watched my fellow classmates have their conversations and already getting along. I'll be honest it's good to be in a normal environment for once. I feel like I've been going through an overdramatic pandemic...

Slayer: COUGH! COUGH!

After a bit of waiting class started and Francis closed the door. He then stood in the middle of class before speaking.

Adam: Morning class and just in case I missed you coming in. I'm Mr. Francis. Now I'm not a guy who likes to waste time. So, we're going to hit the books right off the bat and I just know how much you all love it... History!

The class groaned as he smiled and I just sat back in my chair.

Adam: Hey at least you're getting the boring class out of the way first. Now, I'm going to go through some key moments in history not just in the U.S., but worldwide. Just don't fall behind and you'll be fine. Also for those whom are not confident. There's no limit to what you can achieve, as long as you back it up with hard work.

Well at least it'll be interesting that's for sure. He went into a simple overview about the units we will be covering and introducing to us. He kept it simple and offered us all books labeled by tabs for everyone. After so the period just sped on by as the bell rang and he opened the door.

Adam: Now! Don't forget! We start on section 1 as soon as we come in tomorrow! Have a good rest of your first day!

As everyone started to leave I made sure I was the last one out. Wanting to ask a couple of questions.

Adam: Something the matter?

Me: No, I just have a couple of questions. Sort of about history.

Adam: Sort of?

Me: Here. The school. I mean the disappearances.

Adam: I see...

Me: I'm just wondering is out of the blue? Specific time?

Adam: I don't stick around to know myself, but you shouldn't be concerning yourself with this. Just stay safe with others and you'll be fine.

Me: Yes sir...

He nodded as I left the room and went to find my locker. It seems the teachers here won't like to talk about students vanishing. I guess I'm still on my own. I found my locker as I put my belongings inside before I heard a voice from behind me.

?: No fucking way... (Y/N)?

I jumped slightly caught by surprised as I turned around with a brow raised. Realization then hit me as soon as I did.

Me: ...Julie?

Julie: It is you! Holy heck!

I'm then pulled into a hug as I returned the favor still surprised as she pulled herself back.

Julie: Jesus it's been forever.

Me: Y-yeah. You um... Look good.

Julie: You too! Oh crap. Next period is starting soon. What's your next period?

Me: I think it's room 172.

Julie: Nice that's mine as well. I've got to show you to the group. They're going to love you.

Me: Uh... Yeah. Sure.

Julie: Come on let's hurry. My parents will be on my A S S if I'm late on my first day.