Newcomer

Your POV

I started to stir awake groaning as I felt a hand gliding through my hair and my head on something soft. My eyes opened slowly adjusting as I looked up to the figure above me seeing Anna looking down upon me. I then noticed we where in the living room. I turned my head seeing the girl and Jake sitting on the floor up against the couch. Still covered in their own blood. Looking back at Anna her body started to shake as she leaned forward.

Anna: You where... Just showing the farm to me. Then you where just... You where just...

Tears formed in her eyes as they fell onto my face. She tried to hide her tears by wiping them off her face. Only to smear it with the blood on her hands. As if she she just realized what her hands where covered with she held them up looking at them before balling them into a fist.

Anna: Is this... All I'm ever good for?

Me: Anna. You saved us. This isn't your fault.

Anna: I just wanted to spend one day... One day...

Me: I know. I wanted to give that to you. I know how much you hate... Doing what you did. Just don't blame yourself for it. Please.

I reached up as I brought down her head and I sat up as I carefully put our foreheads together.

Me: This. Was not your fault. You understand?

Anna: ... I understand.

I rubbed my thumb against her face as Laurie came down the hall.

Laurie: Are you two back already? I didn't even hear you come... In...

She looked me and Anna with a twitch in here eye. Then she looked at the girl and Jake. She put a hand on her hip before pinching the bridge of her nose.

Laurie: Jesus fuck me... I'll start the bath. You first bunny girl. Fucking hell why am I always the god damn babysitter?

Anna lifted me off of her lap as I stood up and Anna went with Laurie. As they left I looked at myself shaking my head. I can already hear Claudette with her smart remarks. When Anna was done I went next and then I woke up Jake. While he was in the shower I shook the girl awake as she groaned and held her head.

Me: Are you okay?

?: Shell is that you? Man my back is killing me. I had this weird nightmare with some kid and some type of demon that went... Invisible.

Her eyes finally adjusted and locked on me as I gave her a nervous smile.

Me: Uh... Hi.

?: Holy shit it was real.

Me: Yeah. Plus the blood all over your back supports the idea.

?: Ah hell... Where the hell are we now?

Me: You're in my home. We kind of... Dropped in. But we got out thanks to you.

?: What even happened? Last thing I remember I was down for the count and then a giant woman straight up ripped that Wraith thing to shreds.

Me: That's Anna. She's in my room right now getting dressed and Jake is in the shower.

?: What the hell was that place? Why did it want us dead so badly?

Me: Well...

I caught her up to speed filling in her on what we've learned and also the other trials I've been in. Also obviously a bit about Anna. She didn't believe me when I mentioned Micheal Myers. But as soon as I asked Laurie to come in the room reality hit her.

?: I really wish I was just drunk right now.

Laurie: Amen to that.

Me: Do you mind if I ask your name?

?: I uh... (Sigh) I'm Nea. Nea Karlson.

Me: Well thanks again Nea. Wouldn't be here without you.

Nea: Don't mention it...

I started to recapture her features as I tried to guess her background. She doesn't look like your everyday teen. I don't think she has a home to go back to. Probably sleeps under a bridge.

Me: Um. If you want you can stay here a couple nights. O-or as long as you want! I'm not trying to force you or anything. There's plenty of spare rooms.

Nea: ...You're. Allowing me to stay?

Me: Free of charge of course.

Laurie: You still need to clean up after yourself. Little shortie over here likes to over work himself.

Me: Miss Strode.

Laurie: What did I say about you calling me that?

Nea: I uh... Appreciate the offer but...

Me: Before you answer. How about you stay just for tonight since it's late and tomorrow you can decide if you're staying or not. Please? Just to at least return the favor.

Nea: ... Just for tonight.

Laurie: Congratulations. You're now spending your night in hell. Now let's get your back stitched up.

Anna: (Y/N)!

I heard Anna yell from upstairs as she came running down the steps holding the journal.

Nea: Tall Woman... Noted.

She came over holding the book open as it started to write itself. She handed it to me as I read the words the started to fill the new page.

"If you're reading this. Then you must've encountered your first Hex. Hex are powerful abilities granted to killers within a trial. The most common is the Entity's favorite. No One Escapes Death. All it will take is a single hit to be knocked onto the ground. The Hex gives the killer pure bloodlust and makes the need to kill even stronger. Only way to get rid of this effect is to destroy the totem it belongs to. Careful, not all totems are meant to be cleansed."

Me: Oh joy... Another thing to worry about.

I threw the book on the couch as I put my hands up.

Me: We're not talking about this anymore tonight. Nea get ready for your shower. Laurie do whatever the heck you do when I'm not looking.

Laurie: 🖕.

Me: Mutual. So you can tell Jake and Nea where they're sleeping tonight.

Laurie: Why the hell do I have to do everything!?

Me: Because I've been nearly murdered 4 times in the past week and you're not paying the bills anymore are you?

Laurie: ...You're a piece of work you know that?

Me: Awe thank you.

Taking hold of Anna's hand we went upstairs to our bedroom as I closed the door behind us and sighed while resting my head against the door.

Me: What a day...

I looked at Anna seeing she was sitting on the edge of the bed balling her hands into a fist. Walked over to her side I sat beside her and rested my head against her side. I then picked up her hand and put it on my holding it still leaning into her. She eventually started hummed her lullaby. Making me smile before she removed her hand from my lap and tucked us into the bed still humming. Making sure to turn off the the lamp she held me close enough so we can see each other's face. She kept one arm around me tight and another on the side of my face. A little heated up I wanted avert my eyes as she leaned in close to me. She planted a kiss on my forehead as the hand on cheek went to the back of my head. Eventually I snuggled into her naturally making her sigh happily.