Next Steps (2 of 2)

Anna POV

I walked with heavy steps as me and Claudette sit in the living room. It was awkward for the moment since our last encounter... Wasn't the best.

Me: S-so I Uh...

I stuttered nervously as she slightly looked my direction.

Me: Sorry about nearly murdering you several times.

Claudette: And?

Me: And hurting (Y/N).

Claudette: Accepted.

Me: You're not mad?

Claudette: Scarred for life maybe. But as long as (Y/N) is okay. I'm on board.

I felt gloom remembering his expression when I found his picture. I pulled out the picture as all I can do is feel down about it.

Claudette: He tried to throw it away didn't he?

I nodded still looking at the picture. Claudette leaned forward from the chair across from me.

Claudette: He might not act like it. But... The death of his parents. Hit him harder than he lets on and clearly. You and him have similar lives as a child makes some bond. So, if you truly want me to forgive you. Can you break his shell for me?

Me: ... I'll do my best.

I heard him finishing up so I hurriedly put the picture back in my pocket. Coming in with the food he sat it down in front of us all as he sat in the lone chair. He's probably not going to let me feed him thanks to earlier.

(Y/N): So what's first?

Claudette: So... What IS the Entity?

Me: It's hard even for me to tell. I don't know if it's some sort demon, monster, or just some figure.

Claudette: Why does it force you to kill people?

Me: Well some of the people who get trapped and who are killed are either sacrificed for an unknown fate others are forever trapped in its "game."

(Y/N): Do you think those who are trapped can still be saved?

Me: I wish I knew. Maybe if we kill it. But we have to know where it holds its sessions.

Claudette: Well Whatever you did at the grocery store worked. That's the same store where 57 people disappear. The diss-appearances have decreased already.

(Y/N): That's a good sign. So how do we do find other spots?

Claudette: Well we can just see any other spots where people keep disappearing. Here I already brought a map of the whole town and others nearby. Green for a few, yellow for some that are concerning, and red which means there's definitely something there.

We all looked at the map as (Y/N) put his hand on his chin.

(Y/N): That's a lot of yellow Claude.

Claudette: Well this thing has been active for like what? Ten to fifteen years? Who knows how long how far it's red.

I then saw a red spot that concerned me a bit.

Me: Where's this place?

Claudette: Oh I forgot to get rid of that. That's where we all "met" the first time. Its just a slight mistake.

Still feeling concerned I noted it in my head just in case there's something still there. Looking over it there was a bit of green and one other red spot.

(Y/N): Well we have a way to sort of track it. Starting tomorrow we'll go to Autohaven to erase the red.

Claudette: Sounds like a plan. I'll leave this map here. I'll make another copy for me. See you guys tomorrow.