Next Steps (Part 1 of 2)

Your POV

I started to stir awake as my face was looking towards the window and the rays shine through the blinds. The sudden light of the sun made my eyes open as I moved my head from the blinding light. I groaned a bit not able to stretch once again since I still had Anna holding me like a teddy bear. I sighed as she snored a bit. It wasn't loud though. Quiet as falling feather. But I swear when I woke up in the middle of the night she was whimpering... Besides that... It was still a bit embarrassing how close she was holding me though. I also felt her... "Pillows" against the back of my head... This needs to stop.

Me: Anna. Time to wake up.

Anna: Please... He be.

Is she having a nightmare? I better wake her up.

I shook a bit hoping it would work.

Me: Anna wakes up. You're having a nightmare.

She still whimpered a bit as I was able to turn around. I put my hands on her shoulders and shook her...

Me: Anna! Wake up!

Her eyes shot open as her grip around me tightened. Her head was suddenly on my shoulders as she held me tight.

Me: Anna you were having a nightmare. Are you okay?

Anna: Y-Yeah... It's just...

Me: You want to talk about it?

Anna: N-n-no. It wasn't anything.

You're not acting like it. I probably shouldn't pry. If you were forced to kill people for most of your childhood. How could you not have nightmares?

Me: I'll make us some coffee. Usually helps with the day.

Anna: Wait... Can I hold you? Just a little longer?

Me: S-sure?

She balled up still hugging me as if something happened. What was she dreaming about? Me? The Entity? Something else related?... I shouldn't think. I should give her some space. I sighed as I wrapped my hands around her and I feel her tense up like she wasn't expecting it. I don't know why, but I felt my heart beating like crazy. It's kind of warm and for some reason terrifying. I kinda don't want to let her go... But there are things to do.

Me: I've gotta make breakfast.

She saddened me as she let me go and I hesitantly rolled out of bed. When I closed the door. I don't know why but I felt... Pain. It wasn't my wound since it was almost fully healed. It was on the inside. I did my best to ignore it as I did the simple bacon, eggs, and toast. Making sure I made enough for Claudette too. In the middle of cooking, I looked to my right seeing Anna holding something. My eyes widened as I took the picture from her hands.

Anna: (Y/N) I was-

Me: Anna! Just-! (Inhales deeply)

I held the hand with the picture up as I stared at it.

Me: I should've burned this thing while I had the chance.

I went back to the kitchen and threw the picture in the trash. The doorbell soon rang as I sighed.

Me: Anna it's Claudette. Could you get that?

I hear her walk to the door and opened it as Claudette walked in.

Me: Be with you in a minute.

Anna POV 20 mins earlier

It's so dark... It feels cold. Why am I back here?

?: Because you belong here, Anna.

Me: You don't own me anymore.

Entity: I've never claimed ownership over you.

Me: You said you'd let me go! You never did! I was nothing, but a slave to you! You made me kill countless numbers of people!

Entity: At least the people you killed weren't pure.

Me: What about (Y/N)? What did he do wrong?

Entity: Accidents tend to happen.

Me: Stay away from us. He has done nothing to you.

Entity: Except take away one of my most successful hunters and one of my loyal creations. Come back to me, my huntress. Or-

Suddenly an exact look-alike of (Y/N) appears in front of me.

Me: W-wait no please! Leave him be!

Entity: He pays the price you set.

Its claws suddenly pierced him from every angle as I dropped to my knees.

Me: N-no.

Still moving he put his hand on my face as it was gentle.

(Y/N): Anna... Wake up!

My eyes opened wide as I held what was ever in my arms tight. I looked down and sort of relaxed a bit seeing (Y/N) was fine.

(Y/N): Anna you were having a nightmare. Are you okay?

Me: Y-Yeah... It's just...

(Y/N): You want to talk about it?

Me: N-n-no. It wasn't anything.

I couldn't tell if he bit it or not. All I can see is a face of concern. I hate for him to worry.

(Y/N): I'll make us some coffee. Usually helps with the day.

Me: Wait... Can I hold you? Just a little longer?

(Y/N): S-sure?

I held him tight. I didn't want to let go. I can't lose him. I can't watch him die. He doesn't deserve it. He shouldn't even have to be dealing with me... I stopped thinking and tensed up when I felt his arms around me. It was comforting. It just makes me wish we met like normal people. Not like we are now. I felt him shuffling a bit as he pulled back a bit.

(Y/N): I have to make breakfast.

He said sliding out of bed. As soon as he closed the door. All the happiness I felt just washed away. Like it never existed. Why am I here? He's going through enough already. Too much pain and loss and I are just adding on. I slowly got up as I changed my clothes. I almost forgot to put (Y/N)'s clothes back since I hid them last night. I sighed looking in the mirror agreeing with what I had on. I then went downstairs as I smelled food in the kitchen. It smells so good. I sighed as I decided to explore the house more. There were little cartridges with disc-shaped objects inside them. There was also this screen in the middle of the room. I think (Y/N) called it a TV? It was odd since it had animals inside it. I guess it makes hunting easy. I then poked around some more as I found what I think is called a photo tucked into the bookshelf. I pulled it out as I looked at it. Are this... (Y/N) and his parents? Before I could look at it anymore it's snatched from my hand as I looked seeing (Y/N) who had an anxious expression.

Me: (Y/N) I was-

(Y/N): Anna! Just-

He grumbled holding up the picture in his hand.

(Y/N): Should've burned this thing while I had the chance.

Going back to the kitchen he threw the picture in the trash. Frightened he'll regret it later I took it out when he wasn't looking. The doorbell soon rang.