Trouble

Your POV

When Claudette drove us home. Anna stayed silent. Whenever I tried talking to her she glared and looked away. Causing Claudette to go quiet and Jake to whistle. So to change the mood I brought up a subject that had me confused. So how did you guys get those last two generators done so fast?

Jake: What do you mean?

Claudette: I found gen halfway done in the corner. That wasn't one of you guys.

We shake our heads as I put a hand on my chin.

Me: I think there was someone else. I thought was just blind at first, but there was another person in the game.

Jake: Are you sure?

Me: Did any of you two use my last flare?

They went silent as I get no response.

Me: Someone else was in the game. I have a feeling we'll run into them again...

Claudette: So what now?

Me: Well until we find another 'spot.' I suggest we lay low a bit.

I finished as I went silent. Looking at Anna in the corner of my eye. I can tell she was a little bit mad at me. I can't blame her. I broke my promise. She wouldn't even look at me. I laid to my side of the car looking out the window. We first dropped off Jake.

Jake: I'll be in touch... or at the grocery store. You guys have a goodnight.

We waved him goodbye as he went inside his house. It was another quiet ride until we got ours. Before we got out Claudette spoke up.

Claudette: Hey Anna can I have a minute with (Y/N)?

Anna just nodded as I gave her the keys to go inside as I hopped upfront with Claudette. I sighed as I put my chin in my palm.

Me: Go ahead. Say it.

Claudette: Say what? I don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell me...

Me: ...

Claudette: (Whistles Jeopardy theme)

Me: Please stop. You know how tedious that song is.

Claudette: (Continues)

Me:... Fine! I messed up okay!

Claudette: Ya sure did compadre.

I put my face in my hands as I sighed.

Me: She didn't even look at me once...

Claudette: If there was only something you could do.

Me: What? What is it!?

Claudette: Let's flashback to two years ago on October 31st.

Me: ...You said you threw that away.

Claudette: Correction. You asked me to throw that away. I decided to deny your request.

Me: No.

Claudette: Yes.

Me: No way.

Claudette: It's de way.

Me:... What you just said is a sin.

Claudette: Just put it on. Plus it's an onesie. You can put it over your clothes.

Me: I rather starve.

Claudette: You know what. You did this to yourself.

She got out of the car and popped the truck. It took me a second to realize what she was doing as I quickly got out of the car and tried to make a run for the door.