Rise and Shine

Your POV

My eyes opened slowly as I yawned and then moaned. Kind of not wanting to get up. Then taking notice to Anna's snoring a little bit. Not loud, but kinda adorable. After a few tries I slipped out of her arms as my feet met the floor. Stretching I put a hand on my shoulder where I was hooked. Still remembering the blood that covered my shoulder as I was being prepared to get sacrificed. Every bit of pain that surged through my body. If is wasn't for Nea. Me and Jake probably wouldn't even be breathing right now. Standing up I left the room closing the door quietly behind me before I went downstairs. To my surprise I heard someone cooking in the kitchen as I turned seeing Jake making the food and Laurie sipping her coffee at the island counter.

Me: Morning you two. Couldn't wait for the morning festivities.

Laurie: A woman likes to make her own coffee every once in awhile.

Jake: I just thought someone else should cook for once for a change of pace. Gives you time to relax as well.

Me: I appreciate that.

Jake: Claudette text me back last night. She's going to be over soon to check on us. Also a couple spots where the trials could be.

Me: Thanks for the heads up.

Jake: Guess what? On the news this morning. That farm we went too; the owners confessed to using illegal chemicals to enhance their crops growing process. I guess last night wasn't all that bad.

Me: Optimism I guess. I guess that proves the theory. The more trials we do. The more we fix the town.

Jake: And the fucked up people living in it.

Laurie: The hell did you guys fight last night again? A Wraith right?

Me: Ring a ding...

Laurie: At least that's another off the list. Anna told me what happened afterwards. Don't blame her though. I would've done the same except shove it's heart up its ass.

Me and Jake slowly turned our heads toward her as she simply shrugged.

Laurie: I don't know why you two are acting like this is new for me.

Me: No. It's just you usually give more detail... It's like a weird "nice" for you.

Laurie: Okay give me some slack. I can be nice.

I snickered as Jake went back to cooking and started to whistle.

Me: Oh you definetly can Miss Strode.

Laurie: ...You just enjoy pissing me off don't you?

Me: I don't know whatever do you mean... Miss Strode.

Laurie: That's it. You're dead.

She instantly put down her cup of coffee and slipped out of her chair.

Me: W-wait! C'mon I was just joking!

Laurie: You ain't talking your way out this one.

Me: Jake!

Jake: Cooking!

Laurie's hands grabbed onto my shirt as I gulped looking into her eyes seeing nothing but death.

Me: Oh boy.

Anna POV

Moaning a bit I started to feel around to see if (Y/N) was still in bed. With nothing coming in contact I opened my eyes. Looking around in the empty room. I got out of bed and stretched and went over to the window to pull back the curtains. As I approached it I noticed a dangling shadow from otherside. Now curious I pulled the curtain back and gasped seeing (Y/N) hanging upside down smiling nervously with a rope around his legs.