Chapter 22: Coffee Shop

11:58

I'm jittery, unable to stay still. She should be here in two minutes. What if Dakota lied to me? What if she doesn't show up? Am I a fool for expecting her to come?

The stupid door jingle goes off as a gust of wind blows in. Blonde hair is the first thing to catch my eyes. She's wearing a blue cardigan and her hair is in waves. Her make-up is done her usual way and she's tired, proof shown from the small bags under her eyes. She's gorgeous.

Her hazel eyes meet mine and my heart falls in to my throat. She walks towards me and before she even sits down I blurt out, "I'm sorry."

Her smile falls a bit as she sits down, "I know you are." We don't say anything more as a server moves to our table. Hazel orders a coffee and muffin, but I just don't seem to have an appetite. Despite that, I still order the same thing. The server walks away, leaving us alone and the tension is so thick it could kill.

"So, how have you been?" Hazel asks, obviously not feeling what I am. How is she being so casual? Why am I letting her? I should be begging for her forgiveness, right?

"Not that great to be honest. How about yourself?" I ask with a smile on my face. Whether it comes off that way or not, I'm not sure.

"Quite bad myself. And I want to talk about it," she says and I nod, expecting her to not beat around the bush.

"Hazel. I don't even think I can begin to express how sorry I am. Ben-" I begin but she doesn't let me talk further.

"I want to tell you my thoughts first, " she expresses. I nod, kissing ass to her already.

"When I found out about Benjamin, I was hurt. I thought we had trust in our relationship and after that, I felt like we didn't. You hid a human being from me and I didn't know how to respond. I listened to you explain and I just needed time to process it. Something you said stuck out to me and I just had to be to myself for awhile. I'm sorry Zayn kicked you and Benjamin out during that time. It wasn't right of him to bring our relationship in to your friendship and I hope he'll see that eventually. I know that I probably should've just left and gone back home, but I couldn't," she says, pausing for a moment.

"Why?" I ask, still comprehending what she's saying.

"Because I love you Liam. I didn't realize what I had until I lost it, no matter how cheesy it sounds. It's the truth. You showed me what it was like to be treated right and no matter how much I wanted to, I couldn't walk away from that. I couldn't," she says in a quiet voice, looking more so at the table now than at me. I'm trying to process her words, but it's hard because all my mind will register is that she loves me.

Do I love her in return? I mean, I do care for here. I care for her greatly and I find often that my mind wonders how she's doing when she's not around or if she'll call me. I wonder if she's happy and what her plans are for that day. I wonder so many things about her and that how I know I care about her and her opinions so deeply, so much in fact that I love her in return. I love this woman and all it took for me to realize that was a fight we happened upon.

"I love you too," I smile, causing her to lift her head from her wallows of embarrassment. The edges of her lips slowly curve up as well and I know that we've resolved this with too little words spoken. I messed up and I don't deserve her forgiveness so easily, but I'm a selfish man so I'll take it.

"So we're okay now then?" She asks me.

"I sure hope so because I've missed you," I say, leaning across the table to take her hand in mine.

"I've missed you more," she admits, squeezing my hand. I want nothing more than to reach across the table and kiss her, but I don't know if it's too early. After a moment as we both feel awkward just staring at each other, we have a normal conversation. We talk about the weather of all things and how life has been.

She asks me about Benjamin as well, wanting to know everything as we order cup of coffee after cup of coffee. I tell her about his favorite toy, a train and his slightly less favorable cars. I tell her about how he's learning to speak and can walk. I explain to her how I manage life with him thanks to Shawny and Harry.o explain how Dakota loves him probably more then she should considering we used to hate each other. I tell her anything and everything involving Benjamin including his fits to his favorite shirt though I'm not sure how he has one yet.

Hazel listens to me intently, but wanting to miss a word. My heart races at her interest and I actually think her and I could make it. No one said she'd have to give Benjamin a chance but she's trying and it's... I don't even have words to describe how great it is. It's all I could ever ask for and it's making me giddy with  excitement.

"He sounds wonderful. When can I meet him?" She asks me. Excitement consumes me at the fact that she wants to meet him.

"I'm not sure yet but I was thinking of taking him to a park tomorrow before I work and drop him off at Harry's," I shrug.

"When are you taking him to the park then?" She asks. I look at a clock though I'm not sure why, but shock comes to me when I see it's nearly eight o'clock. I need to put Ben to bed. How has time passed so quickly?

"Probably around one thirty since classes end around noon for me tomorrow," I tell her. She nods.

"Wanna come meet us there?" I continue, watching as her face lights up again. It's been a continuous thing today since we overcame my stupidity.

"I'd love to," she responds. I press a kiss to her temple, smiling at her as well.

"I'll see you tomorrow then sweets," I tell her.

"See you tomorrow."

~~

A/N: omfg this is like the weirdest chapter I have ever written but awe Hiam said I love you for the first time ^-^  This book is coming to an end soon and thank you for everyone who's stuck with me through my painfully long updates. I love you guys and more drama is to come

Alex xx