Chapter 23: Cravings

Things are going great. Hazel and I have been learning more and more about each other, just making us realize our love more so. She told me about her home and how she visited a few months back. I couldn't deny I was worried when she told me that considering that Elijah is back there, but all that matters now is that she's here, with me.

She's taken to Benjamin really well, wanting to spend almost as much time with him as Dakota does. She's helping me find my own apartment now as I'm tired of living off of others. I mean, Zayn has forgiven me but who knows if he'll snap again if Hazel and I get in a fight? It's not stable and that's something my son needs in his life. So that's what Hazel and I are doing right now, looking at apartment listings in the paper.

"Ooh this one looks nice," Hazel says pointing to an ad. I look at it and it's a two bedroom one bathroom. It has a kitchen as well as living room. It also has a balcony and is in a good part of London. I look at the price and frown.

"I need to get a better job first," I groan.

"Well didn't you just apply at the gym as a trainer?" She asks me. I nod, remembering the time where all I could do was go to the gym. Andy and I would go but that was so long ago. I hope I still have it in me.

"Well that pays better, right?" She asks.

"I hope so. I need to look else where just in case," I tell her.

"Okay but I'm sure you'll get it," she trys to reassure me, but I can't let myself get my hopes up.

"Okay. We'll put a mark by this one but it's not a for sure thing. I kind of want to live in a place that has a park or one near by so Benjamin can play there, ya know?" I ask, glancing over at the kid playing with his train. He's on the floor, sitting up straight and dragging it on the carpet which just looks funny with his bed head.

"Maybe pet friendly too so I can get him a dog at some point as well," I add. I want him to always have a best friend even if him and I are not on good terms in the future.

"Alright. Let's pick up the search tomorrow then. I'm exhausted and hungry," Hazel admits which is a bit surprising. She doesn't like to eat in front of people, let alone me.

"Alright. What would you like to eat babe?" I ask her.

"Um, do you by chance have pickles and mustard?"

"Probably. Niall has everything here," I shrug. She nods and moves towards the fridge, searching through the items without Niall's permission. She doesn't find anything though which is evident by the look on her face.

"It's okay. How about we go and get some dinner at an actual restaurant? I'm sure Benjamin would love that also," I tell her. She seems unsure, but agrees. So I get Benjamin ready in his winter coat and boots as well as put on a jacket for myself. I get out a stroller and buckle Ben in, looking to see if Hazel is ready. She has on her jacket and is approaching Ben with a beanie. I smile at her as she puts it on him, leaving him ready to go.

"Where are we going then?" she asks me.

"I was thinking either Red Robins or this diner I used to work at," I tell her.

"Let's try the diner," she tells me.

"Okay."

~

We've just ordered as we sit down at a table. Benjamin is having some fries as he still doesn't have too many teeth and some milk. Hazel ordered nearly one of everything on the menu, but I don' t mind. At least she isn't anorexic because I'd be terribly sad if she was and not know how to handle it. She doesn't need to starve herself to be beautiful, plus she needs to get a little more meat on her bones.

"Is this place good?" she asks me.

"It was when I worked here many months ago," I tell her.

"Why did you quit this place? I think working at a diner would be cool," she tells me.

"It was. I loved this place, but the pay wasn't good and I'd be lucky if I got more than two shifts a week. I get more benefits at my job now," I shyly admit.

"Oh. That's understandable then," she tells me.

"Yeah," I agree as Benjamin hiccups in his sleep. He threw a little tantrum on the way here so it's understandable that he's tired. He wanted to try walking through the snow and it was precious for the moment that he stood up, but then he fell on his ass which mustn't of felt good. Damn ice.

I stare at Hazel and I can't help, but think about how lucky I am to be with her. I may have not known her for too long, but the fact that I could ever land such an amazing girl is a great feeling. She's so forgiving and passionate. It's what makes me love her all the more. She sticks with me through my up and downs and it makes me tempted to ask her if she just wants to share the apartment I'm getting with me. I feel like we've hit that point in our relationship where I can trust her and I don't want anything else. She's my everything and so is Ben. I don't need anything in the world except for these two.

"Hey Liam? Do you remember how forgiving I was when it came to me finding out about Benjamin? Do you remember how much I love you?" Hazel asks me out of no where. She looks frantic.

"Yeah? Why?" I question out of confusion.

"Just-" she begins to say, but is soon cut off when the diner doors open and her name is shouted through the place.

I turn around to see the cause of the rucus only to find a boy who must be about his mid-twenties. He has shaggy blonde hair and looks like he's on crack. His green eyes twitch and his hands shake. Almost immediately I know who this guy is.

Elijah.

~~

A/n: short chapter but only because obvioulsy the next chapter is going to have too much drama to handle. Everything is going to connect and I'm excited for you guys to figure everything out. Love you all.

Alex xx