Chapter 24: Spilling Secrets

He crosses his way towards our table and I immediately tense. What the fuck is he doing here? How did he find us? Did she tell him to come here? What about Benjamin? I don't want him to wittness whatever is about to go down. There is no way this is going to end well. 

Too much hatred fills me for this man, if I could even call him that, standing at our table, staring at my woman. How could he even be here after everything he's done? He's abused her in many more ways than just physically, as if the scars aren't a heavy enough reminder. He tore her down mentally and emotionally, leaving her so broken that she had to up and leave town. He has no right to be here. If this were a cartoon, you'd see flames leaving my nose and ears right now. 

"Who the fuck is this Hazel?" the bloke says and it just fuels my anger. 

"I'm her boyfriend thank you very much. Now who do you think you are?" I demand, not giving Hazel a chance to speak up. 

"Wait? Please don't tell me that this child is Hazel's too? You sure know how to get around babe," Elijah scolds. He acts like this is no big deal, but it's a huge deal. 

"Like you have any right to speak! Did you forget about that woman you were infatuated with even though she was about to get married while we were still together! Don't call me a pig when I'm dating this man which is okay because we are seperated," Hazel snaps and almost immediately Benjamin whimpers, scared. I want to reach over and grab him to put him in my arms, but I'm fueled with too much anger right now and confusion. 

"It's not my fault that she was in a little quarell and was acting like more of a slut than you. Then she had the right to hide my child from me? I didn't even know the little buggers name, but they got what was coming for them," Elijah smirks. This sparks my attention a little more. I remember a good almost two years ago, Maura had a moment of infedelity that almost ruined her and Hunter, but that can't be this situation, right? They lived around Bradford, nowhere near northern Yorkshire.

"Right? Because you'd still disappear for weeks at a time for lord knows what. Are you telling me that you were harassing that poor woman for her child? What did you do to them?" Hazel demands a bit flabbergasted. This can't be going where I think it is, right?

"Let's just say our arguments got too steamy to last," he laughs and that's when everything clicks for me. I jump up drawing attention to us more so now causing a few of the employees to come rushing towards us. 

"You fucking murderer!" I scream, ready to lunge myself at him and I do. He's the one that caught Maura and Hunter's house on fire. He's the one that caused Benjamin to be parentless. Because of him, I lost two of my greatest friends. Benjamin isn't even his child. Maura had him tested at birth though I didn't understand it then, I do now. 

I throw punches in, hitting him wherever I can as I enjoy the sound of his cracking bones. Elijah seems to be in shock, not understanding what's going on though everything has clicked for me. He attempts to get a few punches in when I'm being pulled off of him. I glance at the table and notice that Benjamin is full on crying and Hazel has a few tears streaming down her face as well. 

"Why are you so mad, my friend? It's not like you knew the people," Elijah smirks only fueling my anger even more.

"They were my fucking best friends and you murdered them the day before their wedding! How cruel can a one person be to kill a woman and her husband the day before they were to get married because you were upset that a child wasn't yours?" I spit out, everyone in this diner listening to us now.

"How come you didn't mention the child in that murdering spree?" he asks me a bit confused. 

"Maybe because the child got out! Because of you this little boy right here doesn't have his parents and is stuck with me! I love him so much, but he deserves better and you took that away from him before he even got a taste of what that could be like. You're a monster," I spit out, feeling nothing, but fury. I want to glance at Hazel, but I know part of me wouldn't be able to handle it because I know that deep down she knew what Elijah had done and that's something unforgivable. 

"Wait, so this little whore here has been keeping two of my children away from me?" Elijah spits out and now I'm the confused one. Two? I glance at Hazel even though I told myself that I wouldn't merely seconds ago. I can hear sirens in the distance and I know that they're coming here as both Elijah and I are still being restricted. Honestly, I'm surprised that we haven't been kicked out yet. 

"Elijah don't," Hazel begs through her tears. 

"Don't what?" I ask her. She opens her mouth to say something, but Elijah beats her to it.

"Don't tell him what? That when you came home a little bit ago we fucked? We fucked our brains out and you loved it despite what you tell anyone and now you're pregnant with my baby. You're almost half way through and you haven't told him yet? Did you expect him to think that you were the Virgin Mary or some shit? He hasn't screwed you yet. Only I have and only I will," Elijah tells everyone and I can't believe the words that came out of his mouth. Hazel looks mortified and I keep searching her eyes to find any sort of denial at his words, but it doesn't come.I feel betrayed. Not only did she hide that she knew about Maura and Hunter's death all along, but then she went home and fucked the murderer non-stop while I was worried sick about her. 

"I'm so sorry Liam. This wasn't supposed to happen. I-," she sobs, but I just really don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear the bullshit that's about to leave her mouth. I just want to grab Benjamin and leave. I don't want him to wittness that fucking mess that this girl before me has created. 

"While I sat here, upset and worried that I had lost you forever, drowning in self-hatred, you were off sleeping around with this guy you supposedly hate? Was everything you told me a lie? Did you ever even love me? I don't understand," I say, no longer feeling angry. All I feel right now is embarassment and betrayal and everyone around us knows it. They wittnessed everything that just went down. What has ruined my life has probably just made their days. 

"I did love you Liam. I still love you. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was upset and he was familiar and-" she tries to explain herself.

"Don't. This all makes so much sense now. I tell you about Benjamin and his parents so you run home and tell the murderer of them then have sex with him and get pregnant by him. Did you ever really get over what happened or did you just make all that shit up because you felt guilty? I don't need your sympathy. I was doing fine before you showed up and I'll do fine once you're gone too," I say, trying my best to keep myself together.

Elijah is here. Elijah killed Hunter and Maura. Elijah thinks Benjamin is his son. Hazel cheated on me with Elijah. Hazel is pregnant with Elijah's baby. How could this all be happening? What did I do to deserve such a screwed up life? I lost Andy. I just lost Maura and Hunter. I lost Zayn. Now I'm losing Hazel and it only makes me fear more for Benjamin and I. Who's next? Dakota? Niall? Maybe Harry and Shawny? It's all too much and I feel like I'll explode if I take anymore. I need to get away. 

"Can I get my son?" I ask the guy holding me. I think he knows that I'm calmed down, feeling only hatred and fear for myself for trusting such people, for her lets me go. I grab Benjamin from next to Hazel who tries to stop me, but I block out whatever words she might have said to me. I'm just done. Police rush in, trying to contain what has already happened, but the war is done for me at least. Everyone here has wittnessed what just happened. They can all testify to Elijah admitting that he's a murderer. They can all testify to my broken heart and betrayal from the girl I love. It's all over now and I just want to go home now. Benjamin can't stop crying and he's the only thing I can focus on. I don't want to hear anything from anyone else. It isn't worth it at this point. 

"Sir, what happened here today?" a police officer asks as he rushes in, a couple more officers following as they contain Elijah instead of the employee who's been holding him back. I look at the officer, not a single tear falling down my face as my face is stone hard.

"Today, I found out that my best friends were murdered by a man in this room that my girlfriend knew all about," I tell him. The officer signals back-up at this and demands that nobody is to leave this building until he gets statements from everyone, starting with me. 

"Want to tell me what happened sir?" the officer asks me. I look around the room, seeing Elijah put in to cuffs and watching a sobbing Hazel be comforted by the police. Benjamin sits in my lap while people in the building are whispering, some talking to other officers. I look at the man in uniform before me though, and I know this is it. This is the closure I've been needing and something that Benjamin will appreciate in the future. 

"Well, it started with a fire..."