Chapter 11: Friday

A/N: I am so sorry about the long wait! Writers block, again.

Chapter 11: Friday

This day has come too soon and I’m not prepared to go anywhere. I honestly am just so tired that I want to stay in and relax all day. Work has been kicking my ass because we got all of our supplies yesterday and they made Dustin and I bring them in. It was quite a hassle, especially with how much working out at the gym I’ve been doing. I wake up extra early and go, telling Zayn he’s in charge of Ben.

“You ready?” Zayn asks me, walking around our dorm and making sure he looks good. He may say that he doesn’t have a thing for Hazel, but he obviously does.

“I suppose,” I sigh, putting on my leather jacket. I follow him out of the dorm room, locking the door. I don’t have to worry about Benjamin because he’s at Shawny’s again. I asked if he could stay late and she agreed, letting me have the luxury of this one night.

“C’mon mate, her cab’s already here,” Zayn says towards me. Sighing, I follow him down the stairs and out of the dorms. Sure enough, her cab’s here, her standing on the outside. Of course her being Hazel. Her blonde hair is pulled up in a ponytail, completely straight. She has on a simple dress, blue and flowing around her waist. Her shoulders are covered by a simple jean jacket, Vans footwear covering her feet. She looks just wow.

“Zayn! Liam!” she shouts, excited to see us, well at least that’s what I’d like to believe. In reality it’s probably just because she’s tired of waiting and wants to get to this ginormous Ferris Wheel known around the world. I can’t blame her because I’m pretty excited myself.

“Took you guys long enough,” she jokes as she gives each of us a hug. We then get in to the cab, driving away and making our way towards the wheel.

“I’m sorry Hazel. Liam was taking forever to get his princess arse out of bed,” Zayn jokes towards her.

“I’m sorry. My tiara got caught in all of my hair and I surely couldn’t leave with that on,” I smirk towards Zayn. I’m definitely comfortable around this lad that when I’m with him it doesn’t matter what new people I encounter. I’m myself, well more so when I’m around him and not covering up with some fake bullshit that other people say.

Hazel laughs next to me as Zayn had stolen shotgun again. We really just need to get a car if I’m being honest. The sound of her voice is a joyous one next to me. I look over at her, smiling a bit. I watch as she just stares at Zayn, not once glancing at me. I sigh, looking away.

Looks like I’m going to be third wheeling tonight.

Soon enough, we pull up in front of the London Eye, it’s size catching me off guard. I’ve always seen it from quite a bit a way, but I never imagined it would be this large. It’s quite massive. It almost makes me terrified to get onto the huge machine and ride in it. It’s quite high tech though and I couldn’t even imagine looking at London from such a height, but I don’t have much choice now. Zayn bought us our tickets earlier this week and I can’t just back out now.

“You excited?” Hazel asks me as we go to climb on. I tighten my lips together and nod frantically, “yeah.”

“Same,” She responds, almost as nervous. Zayn just laughs at us.

“No wonder why you two are my best friends. You’re so alike you even have the same fears. Do you need to hold hands or something?” Zayn jokes, looking at the both of us.

“You know what? I might actually take that offer,” I joke along, smirking at Zayn. He just shakes his head, refusing what I might be suggesting. It wouldn’t be the first time Zayn and I had held hands before though, but we don’t speak of such events.

“It’s moving,” I say after the guy closes the door. I walk around the big bubble, steadying myself on a railing. Zayn and Hazel do the same thing.

The gasps heard around our bubble is amazing. It’s all coming from the view of London. The sun sun is setting, meaning it’s nearly dark and London looks lit on fire. The breath is literately taken out of me as I watch it, enjoying the ride a lot more now. I let go of the railing, smiling as I look at the city where I live. You can literately see everything from Big Ben to the ghetto. It’s baffling and I feel like if I were to die right now, I could because my life is complete.

“It’s so gorgeous,” Hazel says, standing next to me, Zayn on my other side.

“You could say that again,” Zayn adds, just as baffled. From then on, we just stare in silence, none of us really finding the words to say. I don’t mind though. I’ve been so busy that it’s nice to just have some time alone with my thoughts. Soon enough though, Hazel and Zayn walk away to talk about some new movie they’re going to go and see. I don’t mind if I’m being honest. Now I’m truly alone, something that’s relaxing even if I feel like I’m missing something.

“Hey,” Hazel says once we stop at the bottom.

“Hi,” I respond casually.

“I’m going to ride again, you?” she asks me, leaning against the railing next to me.

“Yeah. What about Zayn?” I ask her.

“He’s getting off. He’s about to pee himself,” she nearly giggles. It’s probably from whatever they were talking about before.

“Damn. He’s missing out,” I tell her.

“He sure is,” she responds, the both of us just awkwardly staring at each other. Finally though, I look away, but it’s not long before my head snaps back. All it took was that familiar voice talking about something I couldn’t comprehend and my heart was racing and my eyes were wide and wandering.

“Hunter?” I ask, knowing that I probably sound like a crazy person. I kind of feel like I am too if I’m being honest. I’ve been doing so well with the grief and thinking that I’ve been seeing them that I feel like I’m insane if they’re coming back. I’ve been doing so well. I don’t want to relapse and go in to the crying phase.

“What?” Hazel asks, seemingly confused by my sudden outburst. I can’t blame her either. Hell, if she acted this way I’d probably call the looney bin. I just don’t know how to react right now.

“Nothing. I just thought I heard somebody that I used to know…,” I trail off, looking away from her for tears start to form in my eyes. All I can seem to remember is the way that Hunter and Maura would tease each other, causing each other to laugh before I had to break them up, otherwise they’d be snogging the whole time.

Fuck, I just want see Benjamin right now.

“Hey, it’ll be okay. I’m sure they don’t know what they’re missing,” Hazel says, setting her hand on top of one that belongs to me, gripping the railing tightly. She squeezes it, causing me to loosen my grip a bit. If only she knew.

“You guys ready?” Zayn yells from the outside. I nod, rubbing my eyes as Hazel’s hand snapped away from mine quickly.

“Yeah,” Hazel responds, going to join her best friend. He’s the one she’s meant to be with. She shouldn’t be having second glances at me or comforting me. That just isn’t how it should work. Her blonde hair shouldn’t be consuming my thoughts. That’s not where she belongs.

“Let’s go then,” Zayn laughs, walking towards a cab. I hurry past, trying to get in so I can get away from my suffocating thoughts. I don’t get too far though when a hand reaches out to grab me, stopping me.

“Hey, if you ever need to talk or something, I’m here,” she says and it’s a nice gesture, but not one that I can accept.

“I have a past and uh well I just don’t think I’m good for you. Just -  just don’t forget where you belong and that’s with Zayn,” I try to say as nicely as possible before walking away.

“Before you try dictating my life for trying to be nice to you, Zayn is like my brother and don’t think you’re not ‘good for me’ when I haven’t shown interest and honey, everyone has pasts and I’m positive that mine would scare the hell out of you,” she snaps at me, strutting off and hoping in to the car. I don’t know what happened, but it kind of felt like a reality check and now I’m even more intrigued by the hazel eyed girl.