03

- CHAPTER 3 -
OPHELIA

Dinner was not as awkward as I had anticipated it to be.

My brothers had introduced themselves and I was really intrigued by their aura.

The twins were seventeen and were in high school with Lucas, who was eighteen. I could only imagine the pain our mother must've have gone through because of the pregnancies considering that I myself, was sixteen.

Nico was twenty-one and was studying medicine in university and I already knew Blake. Sebastian, I learned, was twenty-eight years old and had been running the family company for five years now.

Our parents were yet to make an appearance. When I had asked where they were, the abrupt change in the atmosphere wasn't even unnoticeable. Everything had felt tenser than usual and Sebastian's jaw clenched.

"They're not here at the moment," he answered. "Then where are they," I couldn't help but ask again. His cold snapped at mine and his eyebrow raised, "Obviously not here."

I knew that was my cue to shut up.

So instead, I took my time observing my brothers. Sebastian obviously didn't like it when someone questioned him too much. I think it made him look less assertive, something he clearly despised.

Blake was very different from our eldest brother. He leaned more to the fun side, though I was convinced that he too, hadn't appreciated my pestering.

Nico was shy, he barely spoke a word to me, or anyone for that matter but I noticed how relaxed he looked in Lucas' presence. Anyone could easily conclude that Nico was closest to Lucas and he was to Nico.

Lucas gave off the 'I don't really care I'm just here for the food' vibe, and frankly under this circumstance, I understood him.

Out of the twins, Mike was the goofier one. He was like that one ray of powerful sunshine that was annoying but nice at the same time. Daniel was the serious one out of the two, but clearly less uptight than the others.

I felt more comfortable around them than anyone else. Even Blake.

I was informed of my new school, the one I would be attending with my brothers and unsurprisingly, it was a private one. I was going to be a junior like the twins since I had begun school a year early.

I didn't know how the school was going to be like. I had never been to a private one before and I had no idea how it would be like there. The kind of students and teachers, how they were going to teach and how the exams worked, it was all going to be new to me.

The day after was uneventful. It was the weekend and the twins wanted to take me out shopping for school supplies (which I already had, by the way).

Lucas had disappeared somewhere God know, I was yet to have a real conversation with him and Nico, who had been holed up in his room studying for some exam. It seemed really suspicious to me that Sebastian and Blake had left already for work. But I figured weekend meant nothing in the business world.

New York City was weird. We lived on the outskirts of the city, which by looking around the woody neighborhood, I understood was where rich people lived. The big acred house with endless amount of land and a majestic fence protecting it.