21

-CHAPTER TWENTY ONE-

Nadia Sanchez was the twenty eight year old IT Executive of Morgensterns & Corp. Her photographic memory and impeccable service had been a big part in holding the company up. Starting as an intern just like Tony, Nadia Sanchez was only 22 when she first arrived through the doors of the building. 

She spent three years with the Morgensterns & Corp. and had managed to win the trust of her superiors. She was only twenty six when she became involved with the other side of the business the brothers ran, and despite their suspicions, Nadia had been promising. 

She did the best in the work she was appointed to, be it locating lost shipment or tracing back accounts. Which was precisely why Blake had asked for her when Ellen Martinez had informed him about Walker’s arrest. 

“Which system do you want me to check first,” Nadia asked and Blake wanted pointed to his laptop. It was one of the very few devices where information about Walker was stored, making it a potential leak. Nadia sat down in one of the chairs and pulled the laptop closer, but before she could begin, the door opened, revealing Sebastian himself.

His presence, as always, was dominating and firm. He was wearing a black suit pant and white shirt with the black blazer. His cold eyes moved to his brother and then Nadia before resting on the laptop again, an indication for Nadia to continue. 

Nadia looked back at the laptop screen, trying her best to push down the blush that had surfaced on her cheeks, something that often happened when her boss acknowledged her.

Though she was good at hiding it, Nadia knew that either one of the brothers were aware of her crush on her boss, maybe even both of them knew, but they were known to keep things professional with their employees and allies. And Nadia would rather lose the minute chance she might have with Sebastian than lose this job. 

It took ten minutes to conclude that Blake’s laptop was not the source of the leak, and then she was asked to check Sebastian’s laptop, which he had carried with him to Blake’s office. Nadia worked her charm again, and when she got the result, she blinked. 

She checked again. And again. And then the fourth time. And she knew she wouldn’t be wrong a fifth time either. 

So she took a breath and turned to the brothers. “The leak was from your laptop,” she said, looking at Sebastian. Whatever unprofessional thoughts she would usually have about Sebastian were easily discarded aside as the situation grew grave.

A leak. From the Boss’ laptop. That was definitely not good. 

“We should check the CCTVs,” Nadia suggested. “That would be useless. If they can get past Sebastian’s laptop and it’s firewalls, the cameras would be a child’s play to them,” Blake answered.  Sebastian looked at Blake, and the latter understood that further discussion was to stay between them. 

“Thank you, Nadia. We’ll take it from here,” Blake said to Nadia, and she understood that her job was done here. She nodded and quickly left the office, leaving her bosses to discuss about the snitch in their midst. 

“Where was your laptop the entire time,” Blake asked and Sebastian instantly answered, “I left it here for the weekend.” Blake grunted, “Then whoever it was had plenty of time to disable your system.” 

“It’s not my system,” Sebastian reminded Blake. It was Nico’s. 

“Suspicions,” Blake asked. Sebastian crossed his arms and sat on the edge of the desk while his brother remained standing. “Your intern,” he asked. Blake rolled his eyes, “His name is Tony."

"I don't like him," Sebastian said. "It doesn't matter. Besides, he can't be the snitch. He was out of the city for the weekend.” Sebastian raised an eyebrow as if to ask him to elaborate. 

“He was visiting his family in Danbury. And before you ask, his story checks out. So he’s not the one who leaked it. Besides, he has no motive,” Blake rolled his eyes and Sebastian slightly glared at him. “Did you forget the stunt you pulled last weekend?” 

“Of course I didn’t. But you should’ve seen his face. Poor kid was scared shitless to even squeak about us,” Blake retorted. Sebastian looked at the ground for a minute. “I told Dad.” Blake’s head snapped at his brother’s direction, “What?” Sebastian looked at him but didn’t repeat. 

Blake scoffed, “It’s not safe for him yet.” Sebastian replied, “There's no one left, Blake.” Blake shook his head, “No. He shouldn’t come back. In fact, he should stay far away from us.” The pair had been with each other for so long that they couldn’t hide the true meaning behind their words even if they wanted to. 

“You mean, far away from her,” Sebastian corrected. Blake glared at him, “Yes. Far away from her.” Sebastian shook his head, “They’re bound to meet one day, Blake.” “I don’t care.” Sebastian chastised, “You don’t have a choice. He’s her father.” 

“No, I don’t care if he’s her father or not. I don’t want Dad anywhere near her,” Blake raised his voice. Sebastian narrowed his eyes. “You can’t do anything about this Blake,” his said lowly. Blake ran a hand through his unruly blond hair, “She’ll find out the truth.”

“She deserves to.” 

Blake shook his head, “Not when it’s going to hurt her.” When he looked up, Sebastian was taken aback from the tears brimming in his brother’s eyes. He wanted to console Blake, but he didn’t know how, so he remained where he was, his own eyes softening. 

The truth wasn’t always what one wanted, and that was precisely how it worked in their sister’s case. 

A knock on the door pulled the brothers out of their reverie, and Blake dried his eyes before muttering an audible ‘Come in’. 

Nadia opened the door, with a grey laptop in her hands, her eyes wide. She stepped in, “I know you said checking the cameras would be a waste of time, but I couldn’t help it.” She set in down on the table where Sebastian had moved from upon the knock. 

A video from the footage was paused on the screen, waiting to be played. And the brothers gathered around Nadia as she pressed the resume button, and they looked in shock as Jessica Spade, the daughter of one of the Board members, entered Sebastian’s office at 3 in the morning on Sunday, making her way straight for the laptop. 

-
a couple easter eggs right there.

why do you guys think blake is so against their father coming back home for lia? 👀

and what 'truth' are the brothers talking about? 👀

omg the story is finally picking up the real pace and im so excited fhhfhfhfhf.

btw, the next update will probably be next week (it's friday at my place).

also, DID ANYONE START LOKI HDJDBDNFJFJD?

[unedited. feel free to point out mistakes.]