27

-CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN-

Wearing a short sleeve top on a wintery December day had just been an excuse for Ophelia to steal one of the many hoodies resting in Tony’s closet.

It was the afternoon of the fourth of December, and the entire New York City was decorated in snow and Christmas ornaments. Ophelia had made an excuse to her brothers about spending the night over at Diana’s, which although wasn’t entirely a lie since she was spending night at Diana’s, so she could spend the remaining day time with Tony. 

Taking dating advice from Diana had been really helpful for Ophelia. Now she knew that stealing hoodies or sweatshirts was a right of every girlfriend, although Tony hadn’t yet popped the question yet, for once, Ophelia didn’t feel the need to put a label on what she was to him. 

So when she opened Tony’s wardrobe, the messiness and disorganization of the clothes made her eye twitch. Ophelia had the tendency to keep everything in an organised manner, be it clothes or her school books. 

Looking at Tony’s wardrobe only made her mind strain with discomfort, and so as the man himself was busy showering in the bathroom, Ophelia took it upon herself to set his wardrobe. 

Since the very first thing that had caught her eye was a black Drake hoodie, she quickly put it on began to work her way through the wardrobe. 

“What are you doing?” 

She slowly turned around to find Tony, water droplets dripping from his dark wet hair and a hand fixed on the towel settled at his waist. Ophelia tried her hardest not to look at his distracting chest and concentrated on his face instead, trying hard not to blush. 

“I… am fixing your… wardrobe,” she managed to answer. Tony smirked as amusement danced in his eyes, “Why are you hesitating in telling me then?” Ophelia didn’t answer him and swallowed thickly, her eyes darting to his solid chest for a mere second. 

Tony shook his head lightly, “Am I… distracting you?” The innocence in his question did not fool Ophelia. She gulped, “N-No.” Tony smiled and nodded at his wardrobe, “Why don’t you continue then?” Ophelia bit her lower lip in anxiousness, and Tony’s eyes darkened at the action. “I will,” she managed to choke out. 

Tony smirked and proceeded to walk out of the room and Ophelia frowned. 

“Hey, get back in the shower,” she demanded. “Why sunshine if I’d known you’d wanted to join me I would have happily waited the first time,” Tony answered back, but didn’t falter in his step. Ophelia, ignoring the warmth of his body, took hold of his arms and managed to push him back into the bathroom. 

“So eager,” Tony mocked and Ophelia frowned again. “No. I don’t want to take a shower with you,” she said. Tony’s smirk dropped into a pout. “Why must you wound me like that sunshine?” Ophelia looked at him for a moment before snapping out of her reverie. Taking another towel from his wardrobe, she began to dry his wet hair and Tony smiled again. 

“I could get used to this,” he said as he wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Ophelia smacked him playfully with the towel, “Don’t. I was only doing it because you were wetting the floor.” Tony prompted, “And?” 

“And I hate it when someone wets the floor after getting out of shower,” she says as she wipes his face, his eyes staring into her soul as she gave them no attention, focusing on the task at hand. “What else do you hate,” he asked, preparing to take a mental note for the list. 

“I hate messy places and I detest disorganised closets. Exhibit A,” she said, pointing to the half organised wardrobe in the room, “And I don’t like it when someone doesn’t clean their space up after them, especially when they’re soaking or lying around. And I don’t like it when people put books on shelves they don’t belong to.” 

Tony smiled fondly at her as she finished up drying him. She shooed him away and gestured in a grand mocking way, “There ya go your Majesty. Pittar patter all you want.” Tony laughed out loud and Ophelia’s breath hitched at the sight. 

No matter how many times she had seen him smile, he’d always managed to take her breath away. What Ophelia didn’t know though, that Tony was in the same boat. The little things she did, like drying him up so he wouldn’t mess up the floor or organising his closet because messiness irritated the hell out of her, it was all what was making him fall for her even more. 

He didn’t care if it was early, and he certainly didn’t care for anyone else in the world the moment he’d see the smile on her face.

“Boy you certainly are a piece,” he said a bit dreamily but Ophelia didn’t catch his tone. She did the most mature thing, and poked her tongue out, mocking him. “Oh that’s how it is huh,” he said before launching himself onto her, tickling her sides. 

“Noooo,” Ophelia half screamed and half laughed as she landed on the bed with Tony on top of her, managing to keep his towel intact as he tickled her sides. After moments of laughing and squealing and begging on her behalf, Tony finally let go. Instead he placed his right hand beside her head, holding himself up as he took her face with his left hand, leaning to kiss her.

After a long and deep kiss, when he finally pulled away, Tony whispered against her lips, “Ophelia Morgenstern, will Your Highness grace this peasant the chance to make her the happiest she’s been, and allow him to be her boyfriend, until the day the sun dies?” 

Ophelia smiled at his words, she leaned up and kissed the corner of his mouth, after which she nodded, “Until the day the sun dies.” 

And then Tony’s lips met hers one more time. 

-
i feel like this is too cringe. 🙂

do you guys want a character list?

was this chapter good or blah?