Part Eighteen

On the drive home me and Harry didn't talk once, I sat looking out the window the entire time watching the sun start to rise, replaying the words that James said to me.

"This is going to sound very out the blue but, have you ever killed anyone?"

It sends goosebumps down my spine every time I think about it and the situation that just happened and now, well I feel like I have no choice but to take him up on this offer to I guess work for him.

I think if I don't, he'll kill me for knowing too much.

We arrive outside of his apartment complex and I turn to look at Harry who gives me a small smile, before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the van.

I step out of the van and walk along the pavement up to the doors of his complex in silence, looking down at the cracks on the pavement below my feet.

Crazy to think that when I was a child, I used to think walking on cracks would give me bad luck or I would fall through them, at this point I would do anything to fall through them and not be in the position that I'm in.

We walk up towards the lifts, our fingers still intertwined together as we wait for the lift to come down so we can go up to Harry's apartment.

At this point I don't know if I'll be able to sleep knowing that I need to make an impossible decision, that mentally I know I have to say yes to.

The lift dings signalling that it's on the bottom floor and the doors open revealing the small, mirrored room.

We walk in silence and lay against the back of the life, the doors close and I look at my reflection in front of me, I look like shit the bags under my eyes look a lot more visible than they usually do and my hair is a complete mess from running my hands through it so many times out of frustration, while on the way back here.

I let out a sigh and lean my head back feeling the cold pressure behind my head and close my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I hear Harry say softly, I keep my eyes open but force myself to reply "don't be sorry, its not your fault" I say humming in response, having my eyes shut is making me want to pass out from how exhausted I am but, my mind not shutting off.

The lift dings and I open my eyes revealing the doors opening for us to exit the lift, Harry stands up from being leaned against the wall and pulls me with him due to our hands still being together.

I genuinely never thought in my whole life that anything like this would of happened, to me of all people, I've had a shit life bar from Gen and then I meet Harry and now this James guy is offering me some sort of job, which terrifies me.

Sounds stupid since it's only a job, but I know that something else is behind it and there's something a lot more to it than just a job.

Harry unlocks his door and for some reason I have anxiety building thinking someone else is sat in his living room and going to take us away again.

He walks us into his apartment, the lights are still on from when we left and reveals there is no one in here apart from us, I let a breath that I didn't even know I was holding until I saw that there was no one else in here.

I let go of his hand and let him lock his door while I walk over to his living room, taking a seat on one of his sofas and bring my legs up to my chest for comfort.

He walks over and sits beside me leaning his elbows on his knees, I can see the gears in his head are rotating and trying to figure out how to start this conversation, the longer he puts it off the more anxious I am becoming.

"So, I guess I should start this off and say I lied about my job, which I'm sure you figured out already by meeting James" he says looking over at me, I nod my head wanting him to carry on.