Armed With The Future

"Who is she? Why would she challenge Arthur?" Gwen asked the room as she made her way around Morgana's bed, preparing everything for the night. "Seems no one's ever heard of her."

Morgana smiled to herself as she watched Morgause swing her sword in the courtyard below, remembering this very conversation when she shared her strange feeling about the woman with her maidservant. "I feel as though I've met her somewhere before," she said, playing along with the memory.

"Really? Where could you know her from?"

"I don't know."

<<>>

She waited until Gwen was long gone and the castle, for the most part, had quieted before slipping out of bed and into a  thin shall. As she pulled the elegant scarf from the wardrobe she couldn't help but feel a slight sense of elation rise in her chest. Her wardrobe was chock full of cloths and accessories, giving her ample choices and ravish attire. It was not unlike the opportunities and resources presented to her by this second chance. She shuddered, remembering the days when she had to scrounge for a plan and the necessities needed to survive. But now, possible paths to victory seemed to branch off in every direction from where Morgana was standing. All she had to do was pick one that would bring her the most pleasure and satisfaction. 

She remembered the room where her sister had stayed. Unfortunately, it was located on the opposite side of the citadel, undoubtably Uther wanting to protect his beloved ward from a strange woman who could present a threat. She passed the occasional curious guard on her way, but was able to convince them she was just out on an evening stroll to relax. After all, many of the guards who took the night shift were familiar with her frequent night terrors and sleepless nights. It wasn't too hard for them to believe. 

When she reached the door, she knocked lightly, knowing how easily startled her sister could be. 

"Enter," she heard her voice from inside. She did. 

Morgause, who was loosening an armored cufflink around her wrist, looked up in surprise. "The Lady Morgana... what a surprise." She approached warily. 

Morgana felt tears blossoming in her eyes and before she could stop herself, she flung her body into Morgause's arms and began to sob. "I- I'm sorry," she choked. "I know you must be very confused."

Morgause said nothing, but cautiously chose to return the embrace. 

When they finally broke apart, Morgana still clutched her arms, not wanting to ever let go. "Morgause, you cannot know how much I have missed you." The formerly blossoming tears, now poured down her face. 

"Missed me?" Morgause asked, perplexed. 

"You'd better sit down," Morgana suggested, laughing to herself. What she was going to explain to her sister was going to sound absurd. 

The pair sat down on the lavishly furnished bed, Morgana still never letting go. 

She took a steadying breath. "I'm going to begin by telling you what I know. I know that you're my half sister and I know that you're a high priestess." She waited for this information to sink into Morgause's eyes before she continued. "I know that I have magic as well and that I can use it in the fight against Uther." She paused. 

"And how do you know these things?"

"Because... because I've lived it before. I've seen years into the future."

"You've seen the future? Like our mother's gift?..." Her hand drifted to her bracelet. 

"No, I haven't dreamt the future. I've lived it. I lived years into the future and I've seen how it all ends. I've watched you die, seen Camelot's moments of weakness and moments of strength. When I thought I could go no further and when I thought that all hope for our vision of the future was lost, I was approached by some sort of being who called itself Kyulds. Kyulds said he could grant me a second chance to go back and relive my past so I could change the future as I see fit. Armed with the knowledge of the future, Morgause, we will be unstoppable."