Merlin, Kyulds, and Emrys

"And I warned you what would happen if you crossed me..."

"Morgana..." Arthur said tentatively, holding up his sword protectively in front of his father. "Who or... what is this?"

Kyulds turned his head to look at the prince. Although Morgana couldn't see his facial features, she could almost tell he was smiling. A strange, malevolent, hateful grin that flew past Arthur and landed on the king. However, he soon turned his attention back to the prince. "You may call me Kyulds, Arthur Pendragon." He chuckled. "Really... I'm hurt you don't remember me."

Arthur narrowed his eyes. "I think I would remember meeting someone like you."

Kyulds looked down and examined his own form. He sighed. "Yes, well...I'm afraid time has made my appearance... less than appealing." He glided over to where Excalibur lay bloodied on the floor. He shoved the limp body of Morgause roughly out of his way. 

"Don't touch her!" Morgana yelled. 

"You are in no position to command me!" He held the sword in front of him, the usual glint of powerful light that accompanied the blade was enveloped by Kyulds' shadows. The blade almost looked dull in his hands, scratched, and rusted. "How is it you wish to die, Morgana?"

She didn't answer, simply staring coldly back at the shadow. 

"It's only fair if I let you choose," he mocked.

"You have the audacity to speak of fairness? You, who has brought me to a place to complete an impossible task?"

"Impossible? Emrys' death is not an impossibility. Even immortality has its weakness."

"No, I meant impossible for me," Morgana said, the edge and grit coming back into her voice. 

"I do not know what you mean."

"You do. I know you do. I've had a lot of time to think, Kyulds, a lot of time to analyze every word you have said to me. This is not the first time, is it? We've been here before."

Kyulds laughed. As he did so, hundreds of tiny shadows flew off him and scurried into the air like miniature bats. "Why, of course! I rewound time, Morgana!"

"You're avoiding my accusation. This is not my first attempt, is it? This is not only my second chance..."

Kyulds eyed her wearily. "What do you suspect me of, Morgana?"

"I think you've been at this a long time, Kyulds. Why else would, a being with power such as yours be so exhausted, so tired. You seem so close to hopelessness, so close..."

"So close to what?" he whispered.

"So close to... giving up."

"And?"

"And what?"

"What else?!"

"And... and... failure!"

"And?!"

"And... despair!"

"And?!"

"What is the purpose of this?!"

"Keep going, Morgana!"

"And... and... and death!"

"There it is!"

There was silence for a moment, their escalated shouts ending in subdued thought as Morgana tried to digest what Kyulds was trying to tell her.

"I don't understand."

"No. You don't. Why would you?"

"You wish to die?"

"It is my mission."