Incitement And Escape

"Answers!" Kyulds laughed. "You want answers?"

"Yes," Morgana said defiantly. "If you want Merlin dead so strongly, enough that you're willing to turn back time and employ me to do it, then there must be a dam good reason! What did he do to you?! Why are you so hell bent on killing Merlin?!!"

"You have no right-"

"And if I'm not mistaken, you have strictly employed me to do this dirty work for you, which implies one thing: you can't do it yourself. An all powerful being who can manipulate time itself, somehow can't figure out or simply does not have the ability to do his own filthy work! I want to know, why? Why must he employ Morgana Pendragon when he seems perfectly capable himself?"

A gust of wind enveloped them both. Morgana felt herself being pressed up against the wall, Kyulds positioning himself less than an inch from her face, his hands digging into her shoulders. She saw now, the distorted image of what lay under his disguise: the fragmented form of a face with two glowing orbs for eyes. 

"And most of all, why do you hide your true form?" She narrowed her eyes in mock sympathy. "Or... is this your true form? Have you forgotten who you are?"

"That's enough!!" He gritted his teeth. "I will return to you within the hour! I am giving you one last chance. If I return and the boy still breaths, I will find you a fate worse than death!!" His voice echoed through the chamber, every surface repelling the sound like it was diseased. 

For the first time since Morgana arrived in the past, she felt true primal fear. Not a fear that she would ruin her second chance, not the fear of losing her magic, but the real guttural fear that she would lose her life. Kyulds swirled his cape of shadows, extinguishing all the candles that lit the room. With another gust of wind, his presence escaped through an open window.

Morgana and Morgause stared at the spot where he vanished from their view, wondering if was going to make a sudden reappearance. Morgause was the first to break the silence. 

"You should follow his instructions, Morgana."

Morgana narrowed her eyes and stalked around the room, relighting the snuffed candles with a muttered word. "Why should I?"

"He is powerful. He is dangerous..."

"And he is untrustworthy, and he is a liar. I don't know why I ever trusted him in the first place."

"You never trusted him, Morgana, you feared him, and rightly so. In all my years of training I never witnessed a being like that...a being that... I can't even start to describe what kind of being he must be, what power he must possess."

Morgana stopped next to the bed and held onto the bedpost. "I'm not afraid of him, Morgause. I mean, I am... I am afraid of him, but I don't care. He can do what he wants to me... I'm not giving up my free will."

"Morgana-"

"I've gone over it over and over in my head," she said agitated, beginning to pace the distance between the bed and the table. "Merlin... Emrys... myself... everything's connected, everything's... everything's different." She looked directly at her sister. "There's something I was missing, Morgause. Something I was missing after you died and I left the citadel. Something that I didn't realize I was missing until I came back here and found it again."