¶chapter eighteen¶

Faris had been trying to search for Faraan's whereabouts since he had gone missing. He numerous times tried to call him but his number was not responding. He even attempted to contact some of his friends whom he was aware of but none of them knew where Faraan was. He even went to the last resort and checked every hospital's emergency cases and mortuary but to no avail- in case any mishap happened to his twin.

Faris then stopped trying for a while thinking that Faraan was deliberately hiding and he wanted to get everything clean before he would be back. His letter suggested that he didn't want to marry Ajwa and by this logic, he seemed to be doing fine wherever he was.

He would have gone by this logic when this afternoon, as he was having lunch with Ajwa, Faraan's friend Jazib called him. He was the first person he himself reached to find out about his twin but at that time, he denied knowing any information about him. So why was he again calling him?

Jazib told him that he wanted to meet Faris as he knew something about Faraan. He gave him a positive response by saying that he would come to the city this weekend. At least the knowledge that Faraan was fine wherever he was right now, was relieving.

As the night commenced, he got worried for Ajwa as she would be alone in the house. And it was not good leaving her like this when this place was indeed a stranger to her. When he was alone here, he didn't care for time. But now she was also here and she was his responsibility.

He asked his colleague to take over the OPD from here and he came back home. As he walked inside, he found the lounge and corridor empty. She might have gone to sleep. With this thought in mind, he stepped upstairs towards his room.

As he expected, she was sleeping but once again on the couch.

This stubborn girl!

He thought to himself and his lips flung upward. But the same as last night, she was uncomfortable here as well. She was his wife. A commitment and duty were attached to her presence and he wanted to do this wholeheartedly. Now this marriage had occurred. It doesn't matter in what circumstances. He was a man who was sincere to every responsibility he was given and he knew how to take care of it. He wanted to start a normal marital relationship with her.

Faris looked at her. She was indeed very beautiful. And while sleeping, she looked like an innocent doll with her cute haircut and delicate features. He unknowingly smiled and bent near her to ask her to go and sleep on the bed.

"Wake up," he whispered.

"Hmmm," she groaned in annoyance and here his smile changed into a smirk. He liked teasing her and the way she used to roll her adorable eyes when she got irritated. He wanted to see them right now.

He shook her shoulder. "Ajwa, wake up."

"Let me sleep. What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled in her sleep.

"You won't wake up like this then." He now ran his hair in her bangs, gently caressing them. After that, he softly pushed them away from her forehead.

Such a gorgeous forehead and was hidden behind that hair. He thought.

But soon he defied it. Her hair was also so elegant and it gave her a contrasting look to her personality. Having a cute face but so fierce personality.

He sighed when she still didn't wake up.

"Wake up, sunshine," he whispered, bringing his face near to her ear which even caused his lips to slightly brush against her earlobe.

She fluttered and opened her eyes. Faris straightened himself when he found her getting wake up. She bit the inside of her cheek and sat up with a jerk.