¶chapter three¶

Faraan passed a remorseful smile to the middle-aged lady in front of him when she needed to stop whatever she was saying due to the ringing of his call. He pulled out his hand and grabbed his phone placed it on the coffee table in front of him. He gazed at its bright screen only to get his relaxed forehead creased in confusion. Why this person was calling him now?

Seeing Alice's name glimmering on his phone he remembered everything which he had done with her. Alice was a Christian girl he had met in Islamabad two years ago when he had gone there for doing his masters. She was his classmate. Soon a strong romantic bond developed between them but the reasons were different for both of them. Alice was the only daughter of the owner of a multinational company in Canada and she came here as an immigrant student.

When she saw Faraan, she fell in love with him and proposed to him. On the other hand, Faraan got rich prey in the form of her. Being the only kid of a wealthy family, she was what he needed the most at that time. Even with her being with him, he didn't need to seduce other girls as she would be enough for giving him what he was in search of.

They got married as Alice converted to Islam and Alice was the first girl with whom he didn't abide by his rule- not to become intimate. That girl made him lose his senses altogether and then he didn't comprehend when and why he had maintained a romantic relationship with her after their marriage.

The real realization hit him when Alice's family broke every tie with her because she had converted and also married him without their approval. When Faraan didn't get the same amount of money and a luxurious lifestyle, he didn't think twice before divorcing Alice.

Now it was out of his perception, why Alice was constantly calling him now when he was no longer linked to her. Faraan disconnects her call as he looked up at his new prey with a smile, who was already gazing at him with a dubious stare.

"What were you saying, Maya?" He asked her while taking her hand in his.

"Who is calling you continuously?" She asked, the frown never lifting her face.

Faraan looked at her blankly before diverting his gaze from her to think of a better lie that could make Sana's suspicious mind at rest.

"My father," he simply replied.

"Why?"

Now he felt like slapping the aged woman in front of him. He never allowed anyone to ask him these intimate details and this woman had the nerve to do it. But he couldn't lash out at her because he hadn't cashed her until now and by shoving her away, would only be led to his disadvantage.

"He was telling me to come home for dinner but I declined him; you know why?" He deliberately stopped and rubbed his index finger on her jawline.

"Because I told him that today my whole day and night belonged to this beautiful lady sitting in front of me," he winked at her at which she shyly hit his chest.

"Flirt much, huh?"

"Just for you." Faraan bit his tongue when he realized what blunder he had done. He had just ascertained his true nature in front of Maya.

He recklessly thought of possible excuses in his mind by fidgeting with his fingers hard when he heard Maya's annoying chuckle. He looked up at her in a daze who was already eyeing with a smile.

"That's why I am saying let's get married," she asserted.

At that time, Faraan was urged to just smirk at this dumb woman's mindset. She was either too naive or too stupid to not give a mind to what he had said. He replaced his smirk with a smile as he took her hand in his and slowly rubbed the back of It.