twenty

Danielle looked through the bars looking at her friend feeling guilty for what she had done. Damon walks over to Danielle seeing the look. "You and Elena were the ones to have him locked up."

"It's supposed to help him." She said as she looked back in. "Plus you helped."

Damon looked at her. "I did it so we wouldn't get caught with his recklessness."

Danielle looked at Damon and walked out. She knew he lied and wasn't going to admit how worried he was. Danielle knew he still wants to look like the bad guy. "Have you seen or talked to uncle John?"

"Nope." She said. "I refuse to go home and I have been staying here with Elena, but she is not talking to me right now because of her guilt with Stefan."
~~~
Later on, Elena found her sister and needed her to go see Stefan with her. "Dani, I need you to come with me."

"What did I do?"

"Nothing, but I want you to come and see Stefan with me." Elena said. "Meaning you have to call Damon."

"Why me?" She said. "He isn't going to talk to me."

Elena gave her a look just to watch Danielle dial Damon's number. She listened to Danielle tell Damon they were on their way to see Stefan. She heard a laugh and knew Damon made a comment about Stefan that Danielle would agree too. Once the call ended, Danielle screamed as she saw John. "You seriously need to tell us when you are in the room."

"Sorry, Danielle, but I was hoping to catch up with the two of you."

"We were just leaving." Elena said as she grabbed Danielle's hand.

"How will your mother feel if she knew you were dating a vampire." John said looking at Elena then to Danielle. "And you hanging out with them."

"Which mother?" Danielle said as they walked away.
~~~
Danielle sighed as she went to Damon. "He is refusing to eat." She tells him. "Says he wants to die.'

"He feels guilty for what he had did to Amber." Damon said. "He's just bluffing."

"I don't think its bluffing, Damon." Danielle tells. "He is seriously taking this to heart and there must be more to why he is like this. Something he will not tell us about. If the old Danielle was here, would he be able to tell her the truth."

Damon looked at Danielle. "We always listened to Danielle, but I was to blind to see the truth about Katherine she tried to warn me about."

"You made his life miserable."

Damon looked at the redhead and started telling her the story about why. Danielle was shocked that Damon wanted to die, not because of Katherine, but for Danielle. He told her how he didn't want to turn, but Stefan forced him to because the blood was too tempting.

"Danielle, Stefan is gone." Elena tells her as she ran into the room to see how close Damon and Danielle were. "I need your help."

"Lets go."
~~~
The sisters went to the quarry. "Go." Elena tells her.

"Why me?"

"Stefan may listen to you more because you are his best friend. Please, Danielle. I'll be right there with you."

Danielle understands what was happening. Stefan was living the past and Danielle may be the one to make him see. "Stefan." Stefan looked at the redhead. "You are making a huge mistake because of your guilt. I don't want to see you dead because you are my best friend even in the past. If you could listen to Danielle Pierce then you can listen to me. You have a life here. You aren't the same person you were when you woke up. You don't have Katherine, you have Elena and I know she cares for you a lot. So please talk to her. Tell her what she needs to know about you. Let her in."

Stefan looked at Danielle as she walked away and looked at Elena. Danielle understood him better then his own girlfriend and it was time for Elena to know more.
~~~
Danielle arrived back at the Salvatore house with Elena and Stefan. Danielle hugged Damon before getting her a drink as Elena went upstairs. The redhead stopped as she suddenly felt dizzy before she passed out. "Danielle?" Damon said and found her out cold.

Danielle was seeing herself, but this time human. Danielle heard crying and screaming causing her to run towards the screaming. "Katerina?" She said.

"Daniella!"

"I'm here." She said as she grabbed her hand.

Danielle woke up and noticed she was in a bed. "What the hell did I see?'