thirty nine

"Elena!" Danielle screamed out as she seen the basement door opened. "Where the hell are you?"

Damon appeared causing her to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Elijah's gone and Elena is no where to be found." She tells him. "She woke him up, Damon. I'm not safe anymore."

Damon pulled her into his arms. He will kill Elena for what she has done. He had everything under control and now that Elena has woken Elijah, Danielle is in more danger than she ever was before. He kissed her head with a promise that he will never break. "I won't let anyone harm you, Dani. That's a promise I will never break."

"You haven't broken a promise to me before or to Danielle. Why start now?" She says as she looked into his blue eyes. "You always kept your promise and still managed to keep me safe."

"Always will."

"What happened?" Stefan asked them.

"Elena woke up Elijah."
~~~
Sitting in the room thinking, the redhead didn't know how to feel about all this. Damon walked up to her and rubbed her shoulders causing her to close her eyes and lay her head back against the couch. "I know you are worried about what she is doing, but maybe she should..."

"Damon, finish that sentence, I won't speak to you for a week." She tells him with her eyes closed. "I hate what is happening, but I'm not changing my mind. I'll just wake up as a vampire."

Damon kissed her head. "How about I run you a hot bath?"

"Join me." She tells him. "Please."

Elena watched them go upstairs, but what upset her was that her sister was willing to turn into a vampire. Even if Elijah has a potion or whatever it was that he has to save her, but Dani won't trust the man. Damon is the only one she trusts and she's willing to turn just so Elena can be saved.