twenty two

Danielle looked at herself as she was getting dressed. She groaned in pain as Jenna was tying her corset. "This hurts."

"Suck up baby." Elena and Jenna said.

She stuck her tongue out at Elena. Once she was done, Danielle looked at herself in the mirror and it was like a flashback. She was wearing a dress that was similar to the one Danielle Pierce had died in. She walked out of the room to see if Stefan was ready.

She found them and saw her sister talking to them. "Hey."

Stefan and Damon turned to see Danielle Gilbert, but was shocked to see her in the dress that Danielle used to wear. "Wow." Damon mumbled as he looked at the girl he fell for.

"I know." She tells them. "So? What were you three discussing?"
~~~
"John Gilbert? As in uncle John?" Danielle said. "This is awkward."

"Yep." Elena tells her. "Just don't think about it and later we can discuss some more later."

Danielle nodded as she walked away with Stefan to get on the float. "Are you okay?"

"No." She replies. "Something is telling me that something is going to happen."

Stefan looked at his friend as they waved at the crowd. Danielle saw Damon and smiled at him. To Damon, he was having deja vu. The day Danielle Pierce came into his life.
~~~
After Danielle got changed, she was looking for her sister and friend just to see Damon go inside the Gilbert building. She ignored her phone ringing and walked in. She saw John inject vervain into Damon. "What did you do?" She asked him as she ran to Damon.

"Danielle, he has to die."

"You know what. You are one hell of a father. You don't care how I feel or how this would affect me." She tells him as she saw his face. "I know, but if you take him down there to die, just know that I will try to save him."

"I'm sorry, Danielle." He tells her. "But it's to keep you safe."

She watched him drag Damon down as she was grabbed by one of the cops. "Let me go!"

"Get her out of here."

"Damon!" She cried out for her friend as she was dragged away.
~~~
Danielle was left to herself making her run to the back of the building. She smelt smoke. "No." She said.

"Danielle."

She looked and saw Stefan. "Damon is down there." She tells him. "I tried to stop it, but John wouldn't listen."

Bonnie started chanting getting Danielle to look at her. Elena grabbed Danielle and hugged her as she cried. She couldn't see her friend die. Stefan went in. Danielle waited till he came back with Damon. "You're okay." She said as she ran over to him and hugged him,

Damon smiled as he remembered one thing that broke his heart. When John had a cop take her out and her calling out for him.
~~~
Danielle got home as Damon went to knock. "No one isn't home I don't think." She said getting him to look at her.

"You saved my life meaning you care."

Danielle smiled. "I always cared, Damon. I just don't want anything happening to you." She tells him. "You're important to me and you have been the biggest help when it came to my dreams."

Damon nodded as he leaned in and kissed Danielle. Katherine who decided to act like Elena stopped as she saw Damon and Danielle kissing. She cleared her throat just as Jenna opened the door. The two separated making Danielle blush. "I think it's time for you to come in."

"Agree." 'Elena' said smirking.

"Bye." Danielle tells Damon as he walked away, but he noticed something different about Elena, but couldn't put his finger on it,

"It's so good to see you." 'Elena' said as she hugged Danielle.

"Elena, you see me everyday..." Danielle looked at her shocked. "Katherine."

She nodded as she walked into the kitchen causing Danielle to follow. Danielle gasped as she saw her cut John's fingers off. "John!" She said as she ran to his side as Katherine left. "I'm calling 911." She said as she dialed the number as she heard someone walk in the house. Danielle raised up and grabbed the knife ready to fight.