twenty seven

Caroline called Danielle to tell her that they have to meet at the Lockwoods to paint. The annual masquerade ball was coming up and Danielle knew that they have to work. Despite her sister and Stefan arguing. The redhead started getting dressed when she saw someone behind her. "I know that you aren't Elena. Why are you here, Katherine?'

"I wanted to see my sister."

"I'm not your sister."

"I was your sister first though." She says walking over to her. "Elena and Stefan won't last long because she doesn't want to be a vampire. Something I know Stefan can't handle."

Danielle turned to face her. "Tell me, something, Katherine. Why are you really here and why do I get this feeling that something is going to happen?"

Katherine looked at her. "I don't know much, but my sister, you, are very special. When I heard that you were reborn, I came back. I had to have my sister." She says. "Plus there is something that is about to happen. I want to make sure that you are safe."

For once, the redhead saw something that she knows no one has never seen before. Katherine being worried for someone else's safety, not herself. "Should I know now or wait?"

Katherine didn't know if Danielle will believe her or not. This one is definitely stubborn. Something that made her slightly different from the original one.
~~~
Damon was looking for the girl he fell in love with to see her walking over to him. "Sorry I'm late."

"Where were you?"

"Katherine dropped by." Damon looked at her along with Caroline. "We had a nice talk, but she's treating me like I'm her actual sister. She wants me back is how she put it." She sighed. "Damon, I don't know if I should be afraid of her or what because she really has her heart set on me being her sister."

Damon closed his eyes and kissed her head. "I won't let her harm you." He tells her. "She'll be dead before she can hurt you."

"I don't think she will hurt me. I think she will just try to get to know me and try to get me to call her sister instead of Elena."

"Jealousy."

"Danielle, come help me."

Damon watched Danielle go over to Caroline and started painting. He decided to get him and Danielle a drink and walked to get some lemonade. Danielle noticed that as soon as Damon took a drink he spit it out. "Oh no." She says running over to him. "Are you okay?'

"They know."

"Because Mason ratted." Danielle tells him. "You and Stefan go home before anyone else sees this."

Damon nodded and walked away.
~~~
Danielle walked with Caroline looking for Stefan and Damon after the blonde told her best friend that Liz was going to kill them. "Where are they?"

"This way."

Mason appeared out of nowhere causing Danielle to glare. "Where's Damon and Stefan?"

"They're being handled and everyone will be safe."

Danielle punched him causing her to grab her hand. "Son of a bitch!" She says as she glared at the werewolf. "I got news for you, Mason. You may be a werewolf and Katherine's fuck toy, but I will tell you this right now. Once Damon gets out of where ever he is, he will kill you. Or I will."

Mason walked away as Caroline bit her wrist. Danielle took her friends wrist in her hands to drink her blood so her hand will heal. "Let's go find them before it's too late."

It wasn't long till they found the cave that held Damon and Stefan, but Danielle knew that Caroline wasn't going to go in because of her mother, but Danielle is. She needed to save her best friend and the man she was falling for. "Don't!" Danielle said as she appeared. "Don't kill them, Liz."

"Danielle, they're vampires."

"I know that, but there not bad. I know what you were raised to believe and yes, some vampires are bad and some ain't." Danielle sighed as she looked at the brothers. "I got to know them like you and you know that they aren't evil. Especially when someone you know was forced to turn."

"What do you mean?"

Caroline appeared beside Danielle with her speed. "Hi mom."
~~~
"Caroline, I'm so sorry." She says. "I didn't..."

"I did it because you saw me for me, Dani." She says hugging her. "I'll help them as well as you. You're my best friend."

Danielle smiled as she hugged her. Stefan walked out causing them to look at him. The redhead walked over and hugged him before going in to check on Damon. "Damon?"

"I'm not going to kill her."

"That's not why I'm here." She says as she hugged him. "I know compelling Liz might be the right thing, but is it right to her?"

"I don't want to accept that my daughter..."

"Don't finish that sentence because Caroline is still Caroline." Danielle says hugging Liz. "But if you want to forget than that's fine, but when you see her in vampire mode, don't hate her. Let her explain what happened."

Damon watched Danielle leave causing him to look at her. "She is the reason why I'm not like the monster that I used to be. She cared enough to help me."

"That's Danielle for you." She says. "Okay, see if the vervain is out."

"I'll make sure you remember one thing." He says. "Danielle is right. You should love Caroline unconditionally. Vampire or not."