thirty two

Filler chapter
The next morning, Elena shook her head at their brother. "She's not that stupid. Danielle is very stubborn and the two of us knows this." She tells him. "You're forgetting, Danielle will wonder why that moonstone is with her."

"Damon told me and Bonnie to do this." He tells her. "We are wanting to keep her safe."

"Wow, when did you two listen to Damon. He killed you and he doesn't like Bonnie."

Jeremy laughed. "When it comes to Danielle, that will be the one person we agree to protect." He tells her. "Plus, this is Danielle. When it comes to her, we're all protective even with you."

Elena shook her head. "Danielle is doing this to protect me." Elena tells him with tears in her eyes. "The ritual has a choice. Either Danielle, a reincarnation can be used or the doppelgänger, but Danielle being Danielle stepped up. She sacrificed herself for me."

Jeremy watched Elena walk out causing him to look at the red head. He took the moonstone as he knew, Danielle won't hand herself over that easily like Elena would because the redhead is fierce and she will fight to keep those she loves alive. He walked downstairs causing Elena and Bonnie to look at him. "Danielle isn't gullible like Elena. She will fight for those she loves and if Damon really wants her to see her feelings for him, he better not piss her off. He just needs to come and keep an eye on her."

"True." Bonnie says as she called him. "We're not betraying Dani's trust. If you want her to trust, don't break it by doing this. Danielle isn't going to do anything stupid."

Elena had a plan, but hearing how focused the other two were had her realizing that she shouldn't put herself in danger. Walking upstairs, she saw her sister still asleep causing her to smile.
~~~
Damon arrived to see Elena. "Where is she?"

"In bed still, I think she's emotionally exhausted."

Damon didn't say anything else as he went to the redhead's room. Seeing her sound asleep had him walking in. He laid down beside her causing her to snuggle closer to him. He smiled as he kissed her head as he was going to take a nap himself.

Elena saw them and smiled before she went to get a camera to take a picture. She stopped as she saw Elijah and looked at Damon and Danielle. She walked downstairs. "I'll give you the moonstone if you get Stefan out." She tells him. "Danielle will do whatever Klaus wants. Right now, this is too much on her and she is upstairs asleep."

"I'm not here to hurt the girl. I'm protecting her."

Elena started listening to Elijah as she knew she has to tell Danielle and Damon when they wake up what Elijah has informed her.