twenty one

Danielle arrived at the school as she was tired and had to see what was the meeting about. She walked straight to Alaric's room with one thought. Someone is back. "What's going on?" She asked as she entered the room.

"Isobel is back and we are waiting for Damon."

Danielle nodded till she felt hands on her shoulder. "Elena, I think he's here." Danielle said with a smile at the sudden arrival.

"Sorry my dog ate at my..."

Danielle looked at him making Alaric break the news. Isobel was back and she was demanding to see Danielle and Elena. Danielle walked out of the room with Elena calling her name, but she needed some air. Damon walked out to Danielle and stood beside her. "What's wrong?"

"She wants something and I don't think its to meet us." Danielle said. "She was the one who gave us up and now she decides that she wants to meet us. That doesn't add up."

"You think she wants something."

Danielle nodded. Isobel wants something and she wants to see which girl can get her what she wants.
~~~
At the grill, Danielle walked in and stopped as she saw Isobel. Danielle walked over to her making Isobel smile. "And my other daughter is here. Katherine would love to meet you."

"She's not my sister." Danielle replies. "Now why are you here and this is not a reunion."

"I need the device." Isobel tells the girls. "And I think I know who will give me the device."

Elena stood up and walked over to Stefan. "What did you say to Elena?"

"That she may be like Katherine."

"She's nothing like her." Danielle said as she sat down. "Danielle was the true friend that Damon had and the same with Stefan. Elena has Stefan and she would never play with his heart like that."

"Than you can get me the device."

"Have you met Damon? He is as stubborn as they come. He won't hand that device over freely." Danielle said. "Especially to me."
~~~
Isobel arrived at the apartment to see a shirtless Damon. She sees him standing.

"And it's just one blast from the past after another. No, no, no." She said making Damon closes his fly.

"Dégage, Cherie." Cherie gets up and leaves the room.

"It's good to see you, Isobel. I was just having fun with your naughty little minion." Damon said with a smirk.

"How did you find me?" Damon comes vamp-speed towards Isobel.

"Searched all the neighborhood bank-owned foreclosures and found the most expensive one."

"Oh I should have known. You're the one who taught me that. What are you really doing here?" Isobel asked.

"Well you caused quite a stir, you blew into town. Saw everyone except for the man who made you. I'm a little hurt." He said as he leans in towards her.

"I'm so sorry." She twists Damon's head around at vamp-speed. "Did you bring the device?" He disengages at vamp-speed.

"Heh. Ow. What are you doing with John Gilbert?" He asked.

"We dated a few times when we were young. He was a little bit in love with me."

"I'm sure. One of the many. Now, this little invention what do you want with it?" He asked again.

"Oh, me personally? I don't want anything with it. I'm just doing what I'm told. You know Damon we're on the same side." Isobel take's Damon's face in her hands.

"Oh yeah? What side is that?" Damon asked needing answers and not getting none.

"Katherine's. She wants John Gilbert to have the device and I think that you know that she's not happy when she doesn't get what she wants."

Damon throws her off.

"Why are you doing her dirty work?" Damon asked angry.

"Don't kill the messenger. We both know that you can't control Katherine. She does what she wants."

"So do I." Damon stated.

"Oh really Damon? You do?" comes in close to him. "What should we do now?" they laugh. They begin to kiss each other. They fall vamp-speed on the sofa. Damon slams her on the floor at vamp-speed and holds her throat down to the floor.

"Now that I have your attention, listen up. You do not come into my town; threaten the people I care about. Going after Danielle? Bad move. You leave her alone or I will rip you to bits because I do believe in killing the messenger. You know why? Because it sends a message." He slams her head against the floor. "Katherine wants something from me? You tell that little bitch to come get it herself." Damon said as he got up and left.
~~~
Danielle was pissed that Isobel has her brother and broke Matt's hand. She was forced to do this. "Damon, please give us the device." She said. "Bonnie will deactivate it."

"I don't trust her."

"But you can trust Danielle." Elena said.

Damon looked at Danielle. "Damon, please. She promised to raise hell and kill Jeremy. Please hand me the device."

Elena smiled as Damon handed it over. Stefan looked at the two confused.
~~~
Once Bonnie reverse the spell on it, Danielle stood with Elena waiting for Isobel. When Isobel appeared, they started. "Where's our brother?"

"Give me the device."

Damon appeared with Stefan making Isobel's people appear. Danielle didn't say a word as Elena called Jeremy. Once she hung up, Elena looked at Isobel. "How did you know that Damon would give me the device?" Danielle asked.

"Isn't it obvious. He's in love with you."

Danielle stood shocked as Elena looked at her sister. "I saw that coming myself." She mumbled.

Danielle looked at her sister and slammed the device. "I am so glad you gave me up because I know my real mother would have never been like this."

No one said a word as Danielle walked away. Stefan kissed Elena's head and knew. "That's why..."

"Yep.'
~~~
Danielle knew she was in love with Damon, but everyone would try to keep her from falling for him. Her heart says that eventually she will tell him the truth, but when.