twenty five

Danielle had a plan to go to Duke and find information on her bloodline. Plus, this might help them figure out what the Lockwoods are. She stood at the Salvatore's house waiting for Elena. "Are you sure about going with Damon?" She heard Stefan ask.

"I have no other choice." She tells him. "What about you? Are you sure you can help Caroline?"

"Yeah. Elena is going to be there to help."

"Sure she is." Danielle says.

"Let's go, Dani!"

The redhead rolled her eyes as she hugged her best friend causing Damon to glare. Stefan saw the look and shook his head. Danielle has feelings for Damon and only him.

"Be careful."

"I'll call if we find something out about the Lockwoods."

Stefan nodded as he watched Damon open the door for Danielle. "I'll take care of her."

Danielle smacked Damon causing him to look at her. She shook her head as she was not going to listen to him being jealous.
~~~
When they arrived at Duke, Alaric spoke to Vanessa who at one point was Isobel's assistant. Danielle didn't say much as Alaric spoke to Vanessa.

"I'm sorry for what I did to Jeremy."

"You saw the ring."

"What if I didn't?" He asked.

Danielle looked at Damon not liking that he may have not seen the ring. She went to say something when Damon saved her.

"What the hell?" She yelled looking at Vanessa who shot an arrow at them.

Alaric grabbed her and took her out of the room. "Are you okay?" Damon asked as the redhead pulled the arrow out.

"Yeah. You?"

"Yeah."

Danielle smiled. "I forgive you."
~~~
Book after book, Danielle and Damon still haven't found the information they were looking for till Danielle found something about the sun and the moon curse and werewolves. "Damon."

"Hmm."

"I think I found it."

Damon got behind the redhead and started reading it. They read it word for word till something very concerning caught their attention. "Call Stefan." Danielle tells him. "I'll keep looking."

"Why?"

"I need to know how I am a reincarnation." She tells him. "I need to know."

Damon looked at her as she went to Vanessa causing him to find the book that Danielle wanted. The book with Petrova written on it. He looked at the woman he loves. She wants answers and he was going to help her.

Danielle walked back in. "Stefan, get Caroline and run. There is a werewolf in the woods." He says. "Their bites are poisonous to vampire."

"What did he say?"

"Thanks."
~~~
Danielle walked out of her bathroom drying her hair when she saw Damon. "I thought you were home."

"No. I found something that I thought could answer your questions." The redhead looked as Damon gave her a book. "If you need help, let me know. You know that I will help you."

Danielle didn't say a word as she hugged him. He saved her today, yes she should be mad, but she can't, and he gave her something based on her bloodline. Elena went to talk to Danielle, but stopped seeing her sister and Damon. She smiled as she walked away. Danielle is in love with Damon, but she can't seem to tell him. She thought as she called Stefan to tell him about Danielle and Damon's moment.

Elena doesn't have feelings for Damon. Just a friendly reminder.