𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

Just as you had finished the training camp, you were immediately bound to the increasing events in the cafe.

Customers were particularly smitten by the maids wearing cute costumes. Therefore, at least once a week, the cafe will be engaging special days with different themes to satisfy the customers' demands.

The next day won't be much of a difference since it had been a never-ending cycle of school-work-club-repeat. You could keep up with the strenuous schedule as your body had adjusted itself to the lack of rest.

The latest poster of the special day had been put up on the cafe's window.

The theme was magician, as you figured out from the top hat, a cane, and a feminine [fav color] tuxedo stored in your locker. It came with a pleated skirt, stockings, and a box of cards.

"Shoot, I didn't practice any magic tricks."

"Behold! The cute bunny that I will pull out of this hat!"

You turned around while holding the garments in your hand.

Honoka had worn her costume consisted of a baby blue-colored tuxedo and a pair of white shorts. Instead of stockings, she wore white high socks that reached her thighs. She was holding a top hat upside down, wiggling her fingers like casting a spell.

Behind her, came Erika from the other room who seemed to have followed Honoka here.

Erika was wearing something more open. With a red sleeveless vest, the golden bustier centered the attraction to her chest. She wore black high waist shorts and net stockings.

She had more accessories than Honoka such as a bowtie, detachable wrist cuffs, classic bunny ears, and a whip on her belt.

Honoka peered inside the hat, "Satsuki-san really didn't get us a bunny, huh?"

"You pretty much get the idea that we're not performing real magic tricks," Erika stated.

"Sshh! I know. I'd like to get into character."

"Well, that's a relief. Because I definitely suck at cards anyway," you added, taking the costume out of the locker so you could get change.

"We're just doing cosplay as usual," Honoka said, putting the hat on her head.

She started to grin and tipped her hat to cover half of her face, "But who says that we're not allowed to do real magic tricks? Honoka, disappear!"

She threw something on the ground that exploded into a gas of smoke. You and Erika averted your gaze due to the sudden blow, letting Honoka making a somewhat 'grand' escape in the mist.

"Is everybody—ow!"

Something hard and heavy crashed the floor with a terrific thud.

You waved your hand in the air to clear up the smoke, insinuating around the room for the source of the horrible sounding impact.

Both you and Erika clasped your hands to your mouth in a startled gasp. Honoka laid flat on top of her boss, who was also knocked unconscious from the collision.

"Satsuki-san!"

"Honoka-san!"

──────────

The two women woke up all right an hour later where you and the other maids had begun your shift like nothing happened.

You were surprised when you entered the festively decorated cafe today. There were balloons, drapes, and star decorations that very much resembled a mini-festival.