𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 25

In honor of welcoming the season of fallen leaves, the cafe organized yet another special day where the maids dressed up as shrine maidens.

For a single purchase, the customer was able to draw a fortune slip. They may also choose their preference maiden to read it for them for a greater blessing.

The proficient Erika would twirl elegantly before reading the fortune for her customer, while Honoka would chant them with poetic spells as she revealed their horrid luck.

Your gaze shifted to the slip in your hand, confused about how to deliver the reading.

Akaashi was patiently waiting for his maiden to interpret the fortune slip.

"It's okay, [nickname]. Just read it to me," he gave a tender smile.

"I would actually want one of those spells..." Bokuto hesitantly raised a finger but then he lowered it again because he thought it would trouble you.

"Congratulations, Master. You received Future Blessing."

You cleared your throat and began reading the slip.

"The sun is coming after the everlasting roar of thunder quake your soul. Take this opportunity to discover something you might not see under the cloud. A new beginning is set to rise you into the great beyond."

"Woahh, nice Akaashi!"

Bokuto shook Akaashi's shoulders in proud excitement.You returned the slip to him while taking Bokuto's to read.

"Master, you received Half-Blessing."

His vibrant smile began to fade, "...Only half?"

"'You have been freed from the afflictions bound to you, but heed to your surroundings. No one can save you but yourself. One rash action may lead you struggling for your freedom'. Here you go."

You returned the fortune slip to the baffled owl. He stared at you as if wanting more explanation.

"So what am I supposed to do now?"

"It's fairly clear how it says you should not neglect your schoolwork, Bokuto-san. Because if you failed your exam, you might not be able to come with us to Nationals," Akaashi asserted.

"Wha-! How is that a blessing?"

"It's telling you to not be too comfortable in your current situation, Bo- I mean, Master. You may have passed the past quizzes but you should not take the final exam lightly."

"This is nonsense."

Kenma grumbled at the other chair, tossing the slip onto the table after he read it by himself.

You, Akaashi, and Bokuto gathered your heads closely to discern the fortune's description. He received Great Curse with a remarkable 'nothing will come your way' that was printed in underlined bold.

Kenma's gaze turned cold. He crossed his arms and purposely looked away to avoid unsolicited comments from you three.

"Is it that bad, Akaashi?"

Bokuto whispered to the black-haired setter, to which he responded halfheartedly.

"Well..."

"Don't take it to heart, Kenma. These are all just for fun games the cafe set up for attracting customers. In fact, you could trade Curse slips for a free slice of cake."

You snatched the slip from Bokuto's fingers and stuffed it deep in your pocket. You asked the kitchen for a slice of Red Velvet for table five but you added the order to your bill.